Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Resetting Error Code List on JD 290GLC Excavator?

SLK001 · 2024-08-11 09:43

During my search to find an engine fuel temp sensor (read about that here ), I pulled a lot of sensor connections in hope that no additional error code would be flagged (it was already flagged, so removing the connector shouldn't add an additional flag). The result of all this plug pulling is a whole lot of extra engine alarms were created and now reside in the Alarm History window of the Service Menu. Is there a way to reset (clear) the Alarm History that can be done in the field without a JD customer rep around?

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612024-08-12 05:22

    Ignition on, press the number 9 button and the dial at the same time. Now you are in service mode. Scroll (using the dial) to troubleshooting, press the dial to select. I don't remember the specifics in the selections here, but when you highlight one of the controllers and press select, you should see a list of codes and get a choice to clear (I think that will be at the bottom of the screen here). I'll climb on a G when I get to work and make a note of the specifics if you can't figure it out.

  2. #2SLK0012024-08-12 09:43

    This will clear out any fault code that has been fixed. If it hasn't been fixed, the machine will leave the code active. When I installed the fuel temp sensor from the other thread, I was able to clear it from the active alarms by using your procedure. I still have a 11302.04 alarm that I haven't been able to fix/clear. In the Service Menu, there is a section called Alarm List, which contains a history of most alarms from the machine. I am trying to clear the history from the machine

  3. #3mg23612024-08-12 12:05

    I'm not sure you can clear the history. I know if I clear codes with Service Advisor, or MPDr, I can still use MPDr to download the history and I can see every machine (not engine) error ever logged since the first key on cycle. They are permanently stored in the MIC controller (I believe). Maybe @LACHAU might know the answer to that??