Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Restaurant demo

JayC ยท 2008-01-24 13:00

Hi, guys. Been lurking here for a while. Nice site! Anywho, I have a bunch of photos and a few videos of an old restaurant being torn down in this area. It was right across the road from some relatives of mine. About a couple weeks ago an excavator showed up and started tearing the building down starting at the rear. The restaurant has been in this area for decades. It was kind of sad to see it go. The first bunch of photos and the three videos were taken by a relative on her camera. Some of the photos and videos were taken inside my relative's house from the second floor. I didn't get my new camera in time to go over and watch. The second batch of photos were taken by me when I got my camera and had a chance to go over and take some pics. I would have tried to get more but it was a whopping 11 degrees and I just wanted to get back inside. Restaurant Demo Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4qK_kX9eyA Restaurant Demo Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH7zTbDdEAU Restaurant Demo Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd-fv0rMhHs

Replies15
  1. #1JayC2008-01-24 13:07

    Here are the pictures I took on 1/20/08:

  2. #2JayC2008-01-24 13:09
  3. #3Wolf2008-01-24 14:39

    cool pictures cool pictures, jay. Why were you so sad to see that restaurant go? The food must have been pretty good, cause the building sure don't look like much and I'm sure they're gonna put in some nice looking condos or something, no?

  4. #4Young James2008-01-24 15:17

    is it just me or is the guy in the 3 and 4 pics way too close to the demo? Not to mention he's not wearing a hard hat or safety vest :beatsme Either way, cool pics

  5. #5tonka2008-01-24 17:44

    I got 2?'s how are you guys going to load the debris into trucks, and why didn't you make the debris smaller?

  6. #6rino14942008-01-24 18:38

    I pity anybody with 56k.

  7. #7Countryboy2008-01-24 18:48

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums JayC! :drinkup

  8. #8JayC2008-01-24 19:54

    Thanks Countryboy. I don't know what the spot will be turned into. The place used to be pretty busy. This is a rural area so nothing high level is likely to be built there. There was talk of putting a house there, but I'm not sure. I just thought you guys would like to see some pics.

  9. #9Turbo218352008-01-24 20:09

    Nice pics JayC. Where at in mi are you at? Always nice to see more guys here from MI.

  10. #10Dirtman20072008-01-24 22:21

    Great demo pics, how did you get them to post that large? I always have to resize

  11. #11JayC2008-01-24 22:36

    I'm in the Thumb - Huron County. The restaurant was located on M25. If you host the photos offsite you can link them on the forum and have them be larger. I always use offsite image hosting. I use Photobucket right now. There is also Imageshack, but their site and image hosting is slow to say the least. Imageshack will allow photos bigger than 1024x768. Photobucket limits image resolutions to 1024x768 for free accounts. 1024x768 is sufficient for my uses, though. http://photobucket.com/ http://www.imageshack.us/

  12. #12tonka2008-01-25 05:47

    same 2 ?'s

  13. #13JayC2008-01-25 08:54

    Beats me. I never said I worked for the guys. :beatsme Two of the dumpsters are full so they must be managing somehow.

  14. #14tonka2008-01-25 14:46

    oh ok, you got to be kidding right, there not putting all that in the dumpsters are they?

  15. #15GaryKelley2008-01-25 15:21

    remember the movie from the 80's? Called Roadhouse with Patrick Swasey? isn't that the name of the building in the photos? Wouldn't that be something if it were one and the same?