Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Restoration

cgfreeland ยท 2008-01-20 23:22

Hey admin, How about a section on restoration? Anyway had a question so I thought I'd post it here. How does one go about cleaning a dozer or other piece of heavy equipment to get it ready for a prime and repaint job? I've heard of steam cleaning but dont' know what that entails. Sandblasting? Do most people sandblast with most of the components still left on? Or do they totally disassemble and then prime and repaint each part as they put it back together? Also, if you are buying equipment to restore and they have heavy dents or bent areas like many old dozers do in the metal. can it be repaired in such a way it will last and look new again or am I better off looking for ones with very straight skin? Thanks for the advice

Replies0

No replies yet.