Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Resume help

Dozerboy ยท 2007-06-10 21:22

I've never had any luck getting a job by just sending in a resume, but with my move coming up I would like to send a few off so I possibly have a job when I get to TX. I could use some critiquing please. I took some names off. I want to add what I've run, but how should I word it I.E. Loader ECT, Size too I.E. 5 yd Loader ETC, What I've done with it as well I.E. Finish grade, production loading, and demo 5yd Loader ETC? Should I put the Addresses and phone #s of the places I worked? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1atgreene2007-06-10 21:49

    It looks pretty good. Expand upon your skill base in your cover letter. In your work history keep the info brief and to the point with your job title or description and the rest of the info can be put in the cover letter and under Special Skills, then list all the equipment your familiar with. As far as addresses, I would, #'s aren't necessary.

  2. #2Cat4202007-06-10 21:53

    I attached a reworked copy the way I like to do it. The simpler and more pleasing it looks to the eye the better. Have someone else read it and see if they stumble through some sections. A large percentage of HR people will not even read past the first line or two if it is difficult to read. They are looking to get past the fluff, so the easier you make it for them the better. I would include any specific machines under the "skills" section. You could say something like, "X hours operating a 5 yard loader for grading, demolition, and production loading purposes". Try to list the more common pieces of equipment that most companies will have or the ones you have the most time on (Ideally, these will be one and the same). Hope this helps