Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Retired from driving, back playing in dirt.

LowBoy ยท 2008-04-06 20:51

Scenes from last week. Been dealing with backfilling, compacting this 100' long wall, and trying to finish all pipework on the lower elevation, including topsoiling. There's only 10' between the wall and a block retaining wall holding back 10' of fill from a brook below. Plus it's all landlocked with retaining walls on both sides of this foundation, so I had spent some time with a JD 80 mini ex. out there finishing up all the light work. Once the topsoil was spread, it was the end of the access out front because the walls were constructed. I had to reach over the high wall last Saturday with a Volvo EC460, the only thing that would reach across to get sand down into the plumbing ditch I had dug with the little JD 80. Once the inspector passed the plumbing, it was all business to get it all compacted and 8" of 3/4 stone, ready for concrete.Visibility was zero, and had to depend on the laborers to direct my every move to place the material, without making them shovel like animals. Usually the laborers request me on most tasks because I like to let them "rest" and do it all with the machine whenever possible. It's all coming back to me now...:drinkup

Replies0

No replies yet.