Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

reviews use performance “pull dozer” scraper

trombeur ยท 2020-03-15 06:42

hi, what do you think of pull dozers, bulldozer blades pulled by tractors, what use do they have, what limits what performance? what flaws. in our parts peasants use them to level the rice fields, from you? it is an agricultural rather than industrial tool. let me know

Replies11
  1. #1ovrszd2020-03-15 10:50

    Similar implements are used here for Agricultural purposes. As you mentioned, leveling fields, creating drainage areas, etc. Most here are lighter duty than this one and are stretched out longer with the rear wheels farther from the tractor. This increases their ability to cut a level, flat grade. That thing is a Beast!!!!

  2. #2trombeur2020-03-15 12:41

    in my part they are called levels / graders and they are used hooked behind the tractors to level the rice fields which are then flooded, your never seen http://www.montefiori.net/livellatrici.php http://www.montefiori.net/livellatrice-Roma700.php http://www.fontanasrl.com/prodotti/livellatrici-scraper/livellatrici/livellatrice-serie-mig-pro.html https://www.agriexpo.online/it/fabbricante-agricolo/lama-livellatrice-frontale-3484.html https://www.battiniagri.it/index.ph...fornitore-dell-azienda-agricola-la-castellina

  3. #3Delmer2020-03-15 12:58

    Yes, very similar to what is done here in rice producing areas or other fields that are flood irrigated. In the old days, long wheelbases were used to level, now with automatic grade controls like GPS, laser, etc. the wheelbase isn't needed, the hydraulics allow a three point blade to produce a perfectly flat surface with no roller coasters. Heavy blades like that are more economical for ag and some construction purposes than bulldozers. Just like pull pans are more economical than motorized scrapers in similar situations. Bulldozers are still needed for clearing wooded areas, anything with stones or concrete.

  4. #4trombeur2020-03-16 06:46

    I think the crawler bulldozer would be better, it pushes instead of towing in my opinion it has more thrust and then the tracks and the low center of gravity make the structure more balanced they distribute the strength and the thrust better, maybe a towed implement if it encounters an obstacle a boulder a big one tree root stitches and creates damage or the uneven surface, the towing scraper I believe is used after you have roughed it with the traditional crawler bulldozzer or better the grader, to correct imperfections and restore the floor if it has yielded somewhere and has settled on ground maybe after a heavy rain, am I wrong?

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-03-18 19:22

    No undercarriage wear to worry about with a pull dozer over large fields. I think you could go faster and they'd be more efficient for long dozing runs. I don't think they would do heavy digging as well as a standard dozer.

  6. #6check2020-03-18 19:26

    I dislike machinery that requires turning my head 180 degrees to see what I'm doing.

  7. #7Welder Dave2020-03-18 21:29

    Get a rear view camera. With an automatic laser system you only have to look back occasionally.

  8. #8ovrszd2020-03-19 19:28

    Bit off topic. My large Row Crop Farmer friend plants corn with the Captain's chair turned 45 degrees, legs crossed, arms folded. GPS technology is amazing!!!

  9. #9trombeur2020-03-27 06:19

    hanks for your valuable advice if you had any suitable machinery and model to suggest. I hope all right in your part https://www.fieradelriso.it/it/blog/post/come-si-livella-la-risaia

  10. #10farmerlund2020-03-27 10:12

    I have this set up. I works very will for leveling and shallow ditching. Ends flip up so it can be a 6 way blade. When leveling large building pads, I can keep up to 4-5 belly dumps on a short haul. Will not cut into really hard ground like a dozer, but really good for loose fill and gravel.

  11. #11ovrszd2020-03-27 10:57

    Trombeur, great video!!!!