Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reward $500 dollars cash Money —–>>>>>>

floridamechanic · 2019-02-12 12:19

Here is the deal, post on excavator section listed as''''weird hydraulic issues cat 315cl''' take time read the post, ask any questions, you figure out what need to do to fix this thing, if what you tell me fixes it will send you 500 bucks cash money, that simple, much rather pay someone here that at dealer,

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632019-02-12 14:36

    I am positive most people have read that thread. A lot will not post in your thread if they have no knowledge of that particular machine. I myself have read through the thread numerous times and you have been given many great ideas on what to check, look for, and specs...…...by some of the best here. The only other opinions you are going to get will be general in nature and already proposed. I'm not trying to bust your bubble by any means, but starting a thread about the same machine offering a reward will likely not include any responses you havent already received. I still believe this fix is going to be simple but its a matter of finding it. I would still eliminate cylinders one at a time with pressure readings and make comparisons with the specs. I have seen cylinder leakage do many strange things in a hydraulic system. JMO

  2. #2floridamechanic2019-02-12 14:43

    Thanks, just tired tired of messing with this thing, figured would help me and someone else and sure not looking for someone to spend their time and not get something back, guess part of being a commission mechanic my whole life, get paid for what you do, would like to get this thing back up and doing right.

  3. #3Vetech632019-02-12 14:50

    I am sure you are tired of messing with it, I get a few of those a year. LOL Its real easy to get frustrated and get tunnel vision to the point you can overlook the obvious. That's why I said, check the hydraulic components separately to start. You should have a specified pressure at the end of the cylinder strokes in both directions. You should have a main relief pressure, but also circuit relief pressures that may be set a bit higher than the main. I do not have the pressure specs but something odd should show with proper diagnosis. I still believe something simple is being overlooked!

  4. #4Bls repair2019-02-15 19:45

    Have you tried a stethoscope to find out exactly where the noise is coming from.

  5. #5Shimmy12019-02-15 23:36

    Holy cow. There were over 250 replies on that thread when you posted this.