Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Reynolds push bar

jrm1504 ยท 2011-04-13 16:29

Has anyone ever installed a sort of push bar on the back of a reynolds scraper? Any fear that the forces of being pushed translated onto the hydralics and caused any damage?

Replies7
  1. #1Kman90902011-04-13 22:33

    From my Knowledge Reynolds Scrapers are not approved to be push loaded, Their hitches are not set up to take that abuse.

  2. #2jrm15042011-04-14 09:29

    They aren't....however, that doesn't mean it hasn't been tried. I'm curious if anyone here has tried and how it worked.

  3. #3Kman90902011-04-14 21:35

    Oh Ok, well I worked around a company in Louisana that had Case IH STX 535's and they had custom push bars on the front of their tractors. I assumed that was to help push another tractor out if they got stuck. I have run the reynolds pan and if we'd get stuck we would occasionally have a dozer push on the back of them to push em out. The company I worked for even went as far as building custom Hitches since we broke so many. If I were looking into pans I'd really look into a set of John Deere pans. I've been around the reynolds, the Cat E-Ject, and the John Deere pans and the Deere pans are my favorite.

  4. #4Dozerboy2011-04-14 21:41

    Just depends on how hard you push them. We pushed loaded ours a lot in wet conditions, but we kept the dozer in 2nd and where only taking 1/2 loads. I don't know that the hitch will be a problem as much as the bowls and the frame. We took one of the bowls of ours and used it to drag the hauls roads with and with heavy use and maybe a few tree stumps the frame had started to bend some. Edit: Just saw the Kmans new post so never mind on the hitches Hey Kman did you even use Ktec pans? Thats what we ran lot they are pretty nice the olds one don't seem to hold up to well though the newer ones where much better.

  5. #5Kman90902011-04-15 12:18

    Sorry guess I should of been more specific. I've never been around K-Tec pans, or the Miskin pans so I wouldn't know about them. I've looked at the Miskin and they looked good but are pretty expensive. Talking about the frames on the Reynolds pans everything about them is weak. The reynolds 17yard pan weighs 17k compared to john Deere or Cat that are in the mid 20's. We were constantly welding and reinforcing just for it to break somewhere else later on. The culinder would break to where they bolt to the frame to raise or lower the pan and drop the pan right there and your stuck dead in the water till a mechanic could get to where you are to weld it up. Reynolds pan's in a big Dirt spread are alot of maintenance. Then again we ran them hard and pulled tripples, so we were hard on them compared to mos companies.

  6. #6crazycajun2011-04-26 11:14

    I have been having a set of Reynolds 1712c's. They worked pretty well as long as a front wheel assist tractor was pulling them and they weren't top loaded. After I got rid of the little tractors, the quad tracs would pull the Reynolds apart. The cylinders break on an hourly basis. The hoses aren't far behind the cylinders. They are constantly bogging the tractors cause they don't lift very high. The hitches are pretty pathetic also. I never push load them, and the pins break pretty regular. I hated moving dirt with scrapers! Then I got a set of JD 1812c's. Amazing the difference. Never had any problems. Now have 3 sets couldn't imagine a better pan.

  7. #7vapor3002011-04-26 13:09

    Yeah the reynolds pans are more of a farmers pan, good for building a few levees or terraces. But when you put them behind a 600 horse john deere, or steiger, or MT, they just dont hold up. Now the john deere pans and the eject pans are a totally different animal. We put an 8T behind are 9630s pulling 18 yard ejects and push loaded them for a month and never had a problem. Both have there ups and downs, an eject pan can turn over, where a john deere pan cannot, put if you in mud the eject pan has alot more clearance, where the john deere pan the hitch sits to low and you end up having to drag it threw the mudd, which get you hung up 9 tmes outta 10