Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Richie Bros – (Inoperable) Transport

Fordman · 2025-10-30 13:27

Hey guys, I'm looking for a winter project and found a 580 that says motor starts but won't stay running. probably a 8 ton machine. I could drive about 3 hours and grab it with a buddy and a gooseneck but would there be a shipper that would handle loading and shipping it?

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632025-10-30 15:11

    No shipping but we can help you rebuild the machine!

  2. #2Junkyard2025-10-30 15:30

    RB have tons of equipment and personnel there to load stuff. I don’t know if they charge or not as I’ve never picked up dead machinery there. I supposed you could get a quote or two and see if it’s worth your time to go get it. If you do, ask what they charge per hour to sit on either end as sometimes they’re swamped loading out trucks and if for some reason you hold them up unloading their time isn’t free. I’d guess minimum $500-$600 is what it’ll cost you. Likely more than that when it’s all said and done.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-10-30 17:34

    I'm sure RB's could help load if you had a hauler arranged. I don't think they'd charge for a simple load they could just push or pull on a trailer. I have seen items like parts machines where they specify that buyer is responsible for load out. I saw it on a grader the same as mine. If I had money at the time I would have bid on it but I doubt I would have got it. Jade Equipment/Elvaan that specializes in Champion graders bought it for $2750 if I recall. I did take pics. of the engine tags as they are missing on mine. I saw it sitting in their yard a couple month's after the auction. Must have used a crane to lift it.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2025-10-30 23:00

    If they’re probably gonna charge u 5-600.00 to load it.. How much would it be worth if I told u how to load it yourself, with the engine running.?? Just kidding.. contact me directly and we’ll chat.