Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

riding floor scrubber/cleaner for shop?

earthscratcher · 2019-03-12 19:58

a couple big farmer shops have a riding floor cleaner they clean the floor with when they get done with a mechanic job. any body have one, which is the best one to get?

Replies8
  1. #1marineman2272019-03-12 20:07

    I don't have a recommendation for you but interested in hearing what works for either riding or walk behind especially if there's any that won't gum up and streak the first time they hit a glob of grease

  2. #2Nige2019-03-12 20:17

    We've got a very good wet/dry ride-on machine at work but I can't for the life of me remember what brand it is. Makes a really good job of cleaning the shop. When I go back I'll take a look and let you know.

  3. #3Nige2019-03-12 21:53

    Now I remember - Nautilus Powerboss. https://powerboss.com/product-categories/rider-scrubbers/nautilus/ Ours looks like the photo on page 2 because it has the optional operator protection FOPS canopy fitted.

  4. #4JD955SC2019-03-13 21:02

    We have a Tennant. It’s pretty old but it works decently. Makes life a good bit easier. Still have to sweep up the shop, we mop up any puddles and then throw the detergent on any stains and run it over to clean the bay.

  5. #5Zajc2019-03-14 04:37

    Whatever you get it has to be heavy so it can scrub the spilt oil. And dont use it to clean blobs od grease. You Will have to clean the machine weekly.

  6. #6Nige2019-03-14 10:59

    Whatever you get, it will not be designed to clean up spilled oil and gobs of grease. Spills need cleaning up first before you hit the floor with the scrubber. Do it that way and you ought to get really good results.

  7. #7Zajc2019-03-16 04:26

    Actually it is designed to suck up spills. Its just that somebody has to clean the thing ocassionaly and usually its the guy riding it. So I dont recomend. You have to help it with a generous helping od degreaser on the slick stain once the oil is gone.

  8. #8Mother Deuce2019-03-16 08:19

    I worked at a place that had a Tennant as well. It did a serviceable job. While the machine is good, like a automatic car wash it is really only as good as the chemicals it has to do the job. The *GIGO factor applies. *GIGO "Garbage in, garbage out."