Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rigging question

Scott S ยท 2014-01-13 19:58

What is a pendant strap and a dingle strap? I have never heard the terms used before. Thanks, Scott S

Replies5
  1. #1hoechucker2014-01-13 22:53

    I would think that a pendent strap I what we call a pendant guy.the straps between the boom and the gantry.dingle strap must be that stupid 6 foot long key chains that all the dorks hang out of their pocket.

  2. #2Scott S2014-01-14 01:05

    I am thinking the guys between the boom and gantry may be what the pendant straps may be also. We inspect them for broken wires every time we let the boom down for moving but the new corporation we are logging for wants them replaced every two years which seems excessive.

  3. #3bushman12014-01-15 13:03

    excessive and expensive. will they accept re-certification? bob cushman at cascade rigging could answer any questions you have.

  4. #4Coastal WA2014-01-16 23:02

    We call pendant straps the lines from the gantry to the boom on a swing yarder. we replace every 18 months since we have seen pendant straps fail from corrosion inside the poured socket. We have tried to upend our pedant lines every 6 months thinking that we can help extend life from water setting in the lower socket. We also use spray line lube every time we let the boom down. We call the short cable from the block at the top of say a Skagit 739 tube to the top of the tower a dingle strap. Same issues of corrosion for those as well.

  5. #5Scott S2014-01-17 08:50

    Our pendant straps anchors are not poured but swaged onto the line. I can understand the need to replace the poured ones. We are not allowed to used poured nubbins on our guyline extensions.