Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rims

Steve Izzi ยท 2022-09-14 03:16

I need help finding rims for a 1971 Ford 5550 backhoe. The machine I purchased has calcium in the wheels and they are rotted.

Replies6
  1. #156wrench2022-09-14 10:47

    Size, pictures and dimensions would maybe help

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-09-14 12:09

    For a start you could call several salvage yards and find out if any other model tractors use the same rims. Here is one to start with. https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/

  3. #3Delmer2022-09-14 13:00

    I'd go the opposite route, all you need is the bolt pattern and the overall diameter to clear the fenders, there will be lots of 8 bolt tractor rims that will have the standard spacing and hub diameter, then many tires will fit inside the fenders, and have enough weight capacity. Ag type tread is fine on a hobby backhoe. Another option is electrolysis or acid to clean up the old rims, then see if they're salvageable to paint, or not and you sell them for fire rings.

  4. #4Check Break2022-09-14 20:17

    Wengers. Meyerstown, PA. 5 hrs from you. They have several Fords with 28-s.

  5. #5Finca SDR2022-09-15 15:51

    I thought this post was going to be about how to pimp your (back) hoe with alloy rims and low profile tires, maybe one of those monza exhaust tips and a disco ball too.

  6. #6Check Break2022-09-15 17:57

    How about a Cuban upgrade with wooden wheels pulled by a water buffalo.