Well I started building my frost ripper and clean up bucket the other day. The ripper is mostly welded up, just got some clean up and grinding left to do and weld the pin on for the q/a. Im building a clean up tilting bucket also. I have the cutting edge already and the machine shop is rolling me some 10 gauge thats about 44" wide. Im going to line the bucket with 3/8" arddox in the appropiate spots. Ill post updated pictures as I make progress.
Did a bit more welding on it today but didn't take any pictures. All I got let to really weld is the pin on end and a few braces for that and the tooth pin on end for it once I order one. Im going to the machine shop on Tuesday to give them the dimensions for the bucket and they can roll it next week for me and I can work on it next weekend.
Maybe these will work now. For some reason I cant add these off the tablet.
Good luck trying to rip frost with such a light machine. You will probably just drag yourself around. Maybe if you could scratch out a slot ,then plant your blade in it, you may stay put.
Im mainly building it for ripping dirt, not frost. We have a clay in my area that is hard as concrete. I hit some last year and couldnt even scratch it hardly. Thats what im mainly building this for. And you are right, id have a hard time ripping frost with my machine but most sites/suppliers call them frost rippers so thats what im calling it.
Looks good. Are you putting a replaceable tooth on the end? I want to build one as well. Any pics of the grading bucket?
I actually dont have any pics yet. Still waiting for the machine shop to finish rolling the metal. Im stopping there tomorrow to see if there done the bushings. I then need to source some 6x12x1/4" box tubing for my q/a frame. Got a few stops to make thus week for supplies and parts to get a roll on this bucket too. I will post pics as soon as I get the metal back. And btw, yes I am putting a end on the ripper. Im going with a weld on end to put a hensly x156 tooth. Im gonna put a single tiger on the end and see how it works.
Well got the bucket today. Seems like they had some time to bend it up today. So im gonna cut my ends up this week and start welding the bucket itself together. Once I got the bucket welded up ill start working on the quick attatach and the tilting part also. But ill try to post some more pictures here in the next day or two.
looks like a great job on the ripper. I have had one in the planning stage for a few months, I had a 24" ripper off something that I am going to have my buddy the welder adapt to my q/c . Mine has a odd replaceable tooth on the end so I would like to swap it over to a 156 hensly so all the bucket teeth are the same. I hope to use mine on taking out old stumps and ripping roots , also think it will work well for starting a few stubborn post holes. It looks like we have the same size machine- let us know how it works out.
Sorry off topic ! Is the 204 as in 204 Ruger? If so that's one great varmint caliber
Yes it is lol. Have had obe since 08. Have a rem 700 vlss laminate thumbhole stainless. Its got A tuned trigger and such abd a bushnell 4200 2.5x10x40 on top.
Mines not tunes as nice as yours but it's a shooter, it's a browning A bolt synthetic stock . It is a shot show special was never catalogued . I have dropped yotes at close to 300 yards with it
Ya I really like mine thats why I haven't switched yet. Was looking at a tac20 but thought is stay with the 204 cause of simplicity of brass and products for it. Ya best shot I got with mine was 548 yards on a coyote. We ranged it with a set of lica's. Thats was with some 32 vmax's with win748 ball powder.
I'm not shooting in your class but good enough to have a pile of fun. Never got into reloading, although I'd like to ,I shoot 32 grain V-max Hornady there not hand loads, but very reliable. Nice shooting with ya but better quite the rifle talk before the mods slap us for off topic Keep your powder dry! Glen
Ya but we all gotta start somewere. Thanks for the coments
Well sorry for no updates. I started tacking the bucket together the other day. Need to trim my middle gusset to fit in the bucket today. Once I have the ends welded fully and the center welded on im gonna start lining the bottom and building my brackets for the q/a. Just been way to busy to get any time to work on my projects. But really need to get them done before spring.
Well, yet again been busy. And between that and other issues, my welder finally died. So I had to do some research and finally bought a new one. I got the bucket pretty well welded up. Qa is on, most of the lining bar, etc. Im gonna put my utting edge on this weekend and maybe take out in the snow and try it out. I swear time is going faster, just never seem to get ahead on things. Ill post some pics this weekend for youguys to see.I also made my bucket a normal one, I think im gonna hold off on the tilting one for now.