Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ripper For My Mini

purnong ยท 2015-06-27 04:03

Me again I managed to pick up a used scarifier tine from a cat grader and had a local bloke weld it up to suit the mini for me I had a muck around with it today and it certainly digs well, I'm pretty happy with it and it should make tree stumps easier to get out What do you think?

Replies8
  1. #1purnong2015-06-27 04:15

    Couple more piccies

  2. #2lumberjack2015-06-27 10:06

    It looks like a good bit to your mini. I use my ripper mainly on trees and stumps as well.

  3. #3Billdog3502015-08-27 15:27

    I like it! I was planning on making one for my TB125 and I like your setup. I have a Wain-Roy quick attach I'll need to attach to the ripper, but should be something I can fabricate....

  4. #4JD88752015-08-29 23:27

    Looks great! I built one last winter for my mini to rip frosty frozen ground with when installing utilities. I love it for stumps, rocks, and frost. Enjoy you will love it for certain things. I think a quick hitch is next on my list. John

  5. #5bmckenzie2015-08-30 12:32

    had a friend make the coupler to fit my takeuchi quick hitch. I used a shank I had laying around that is about 18" long, it works great for a lot of things.

  6. #6purnong2015-08-31 06:34

    That looks pretty good really, You can change the shank on yours easily by the looks whereas mine is directly welded to the shank Mind you I don't think I'll wear mine out anytime soon with the little digger but you never know One thing I found with the ripper on the tougher stumps is once the roots are broken I put the bucket back on and get better leverage off the ground under the stump

  7. #7maddog2015-09-03 07:55

    They're great for root/tree removal, not sure how I lived without one.

  8. #8Billdog3502015-09-03 09:47

    Purnong has the setup I'm looking to build, I just saved that picture so I can make one later! I found shanks on ebay new pretty reasonable. I like the idea of being able to replace it if it breaks/bends. I suspect my machine won't be able to bend one but you never know. Now I just need time......