Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rivers Inlet & other Malloch & Moseley Operations

Boomchain ยท 2014-05-06 22:20

I am looking for anybody that was in Rivers Inlet working for Malloch and Moseley in the early 70's, i have been trying to find pictures from back then ,i was up there in the summers with my dad,if any body has pictures or could point me to somebody who might would be appreciated thx in advance

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies476
  1. #1camptramp2014-05-06 23:53

    Thanks for the remineder I'll touch base with Gordy Isacson see if I can get some pictures off him . Heres one of a log barge at Kabella Bay.

  2. #2Boomchain2014-05-07 12:18

    Wow , i remember that barge,

  3. #3bccat2014-05-07 23:14

    Is that Tug ,the Sudbury II,

  4. #4Boomchain2014-05-08 00:50

    That sounds familiar but I can't be sure

  5. #5Back choker2014-05-11 19:45

    2mile chuck walla bridge

  6. #6Back choker2014-05-11 19:51

    044 going over camp creek,I have lots but need to dig them out.

  7. #7camptramp2014-05-11 20:20

    About time you dug out that stash you got hid away DE . Great pictures welcome to HEF keep up the good work.

  8. #8Blk prince2014-05-11 20:44

    Familiar site,running with boom ahead

  9. #9Back choker2014-05-11 20:46

    dale erskines hand hanging out the window,his dad Rick sentence that one.

  10. #10Len Burton2014-05-21 03:06

    The tug in the picture Is the Pacific Challenge not the Sudbury 2. The Sudbury 2 sank in Hecate Strait in 1982. Attached is a drawing of the Sudbury 2 and the Pacific Challenge anchored together. The Pacific Challenge was a converted west coast whaling ship from Holberg on the west coast. It towed barges up and down the West Coast after it's conversion to a tug.

  11. #11bccat2014-05-21 11:57

    Great picture, Thanks Len

  12. #12Len Burton2014-05-22 02:16

    You're quite welcome bccat. Len

  13. #13Boomchain2014-06-20 11:30

    I remember the name CE Routhe does anybody know that name and if that company was in Rivers?

  14. #14Greatwestcam2014-06-21 01:16

    Yeah I worked for CE (Ted) Routh for 7 years in the 80's. never was up in Rivers with him though, but one of the older guys, Bill Me was driving a new Mack gravel truck for him was there, he had two Mack gravel trucks that he later traded in for the CL350 logger. I was in Security Bay and Gilford Island with him hauling for Weldwood.

  15. #15Len Burton2014-06-21 02:44

    You might try going onto facebook. Sue Malloch is on there under the name of Susan Malloch she was in Rivers Inlet.

  16. #16Boomchain2014-06-21 09:55

    Thanks , my brother has been trying to get ahold of the Mallochs and the Issacsons

  17. #17camptramp2014-06-21 20:33

    Gordy I and I have been talking , should be posting some of his pictures in near future.

  18. #18Boomchain2014-06-21 21:25

    That would be cool thx

  19. #19camptramp2014-06-30 01:03

    Here we go Boon chain Gordy Isacson is sharing his pictures with us . Ray ( Tiny ) Gibson standing in front of his Euclid 64 TD Logging Truck on Glue-lam. suspension Bridge at 2 mi. Kibella Bay Rivers Inlet . ( Bridge crossing Chuckwalla River ). - Truck later snagged one of the cables and pulled the whole bridge down into river. Big Ray walked into camp soaking wet.... they thought he was joking -- when asked where the Euclid was ... " its in the river " was his reply . Early 70's

  20. #20camptramp2014-06-30 01:09

    Gordy I Ray Gibson's 64 TD Euclid in the 1 mi. bone yard - Big I Beam frame bent like liorice after drop in Chuckawalla Riverfrom Glue-lam suspension bridge . Amazingly he servived

  21. #21camptramp2014-06-30 01:16

    Gordy I Brand new 64 TD Euclid Logger like the one Ray Gibson had at Kilballa Bay . 6-110 GM Diesel power

  22. #22camptramp2014-06-30 21:51

    Back choker is this the bridge that replaced the suspension bridge Ray Gibson took down ?

  23. #23camptramp2014-07-01 00:29

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay 2 1956 91 FD Euclids # 130 and #131 parked in camp.

  24. #24camptramp2014-07-01 00:37

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay. Model 1-UD Euclid Rock Truck mid 1970's.

  25. #25camptramp2014-07-01 00:48

    Gordy I , Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay 1973 American 750 Grade Shovel for Townsend Bros. Construction operated by Tom Townsend , Harry Townsend , Tony Townsend.

  26. #26camptramp2014-07-01 01:08

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Kibella Bay . Bill Malloch and son Danny standing in front of #127 one of three 1968 Hayes Clippers that were in Prince Albert Sask. as pulpwood haulers for Waukesia h Holdings a company Hearsey Transport of Duncan B.C. were affiliated with. 1968 Hayes Clipper , Cummins NTA 380 engine , Fuller TO-905 Main ,Spicer 8341C Aux. ,RockwellSFD 4640 Diffs 8:07 ratio Budd wheels 12.00x24 rubber ,Hendrickson Rubber load Cushion susp.

  27. #27Hank R2014-07-01 08:19

    Just wondering if there were many Euclid logging trucks around in the day? Seen many Euclid rock trucks.

  28. #28Boomchain2014-07-01 09:23

    Not that i remember , i only ever remember seeing them in the rock truck configuration , most of the log trucks i remember were Pacific or Hayes or KW

  29. #29Boomchain2014-07-01 09:28

    wow that truck brings back some memories

  30. #30Boomchain2014-07-01 09:34

    Sorry Camp Tramp i cant seem to find out how to edit threads ,so far all i can find is to start a new thread,unless somebody else can inform me how to do it.

  31. #31camptramp2014-07-02 00:44

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay 1978 Cat 988A loading C38-70 Hayes Clipper with road ballast , operator Ray Isacson.

  32. #32camptramp2014-07-02 01:04

    Gordy I M&M Kilbella Bay Gordy I with almost new P-510 Pacific Rock Truck #137 around 1977

  33. #33camptramp2014-07-02 01:07

    Gordy I M&M Kilbella Bay Carole Malloch mixing gears in #137 P-510 Pacific Rock Truck.

  34. #34camptramp2014-07-02 01:14

    Gordy I M&M Kilbella Bay Rob Kennedy makes most of a bad situation on a 1968 Hayes C38-70 Clipper .

  35. #35Hank R2014-07-02 08:51

    Great pictures, as usual.

  36. #36camptramp2014-07-02 17:02

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Old Madill tower mounted on Kenworth chain drive truck . Was a left over from previous contractor , gee I wonder why that jewel got left behind.

  37. #37camptramp2014-07-02 17:40

    Gordy I M & M Kilbella Bay Crew is raising 90 ft. Madill 009 tower on rubber tire undercarriage .

  38. #38camptramp2014-07-02 17:48

    Gordy I M & M Kilbella Bay Madill 052 Tension Skidder on tank retriever undercarriage , on the move with pipe in saddle . Madill 099 tower on rubber tire under carriage , rigged up in back ground . 665 Koehing loader on rubber tire under carriage loading out from 2 towers.

  39. #39camptramp2014-07-02 17:54

    Gordy I M & M Kilbella Bay 19 mile on Chuckwalla M/L Koehing loader operator Dan Malloch , Madill Tension Skidder Operator Wilbert Goudie.

  40. #40camptramp2014-07-02 18:06

    Gordy I M & M Kilbella Bay Gordy I moving logs to the roadside with a Cat 235 Excavator before " Thumbs " were popular on excavators and before " Hoe Chucking " was perfected . Dan Malloch on Koehing loader and Gordy Isacson on Cat 235 Excavator throwing logs to road . They were getting 6 Off Highway loads a day on P-16 Pacific log trucks with 15 ft. bunks and 8 ft stakes.

  41. #41Boomchain2014-07-03 00:16

    These pictures are awsome, Thx Camp and Gordy

  42. #42Hayesno12014-07-03 10:14

    Great pics Gordy. Thanx for sharing! Camptramp; thanx for uploading pics. I am on The Mainland now but hopefully I will take the ferry to The Island today. Maybe we will meet. I am planning to attend The Duncan truck show. See you! Take Care!

  43. #43camptramp2014-07-03 17:13

    Thanks Hayesno1 I didn't know Bill Malloch personally, but I remember as a kid, Malloch & Moseley were the outfit to work for if you were in the Sooke Langford area . I guess they favoured International products, I remember Bill Malloch had a Jeep Wagoneer and Dez Moseley had an International Scout , their Woodsforman Ron Renshaw had an International pickup with a bush box , they were all done up pretty trick for those days. Bill Malloch had a lot of jam and when he got the chance , he went for the top. I would like to use this thread to celebrate the good years of the " Big M " . I'm hoping to change the thread name to Rivers Inlet and other Malloch & Moseley operations. If you have M & M pictures post them hear , If you have pictures ,but don't have time to scan them , get them to me , I'd be more than happy to post them on this thread.

  44. #44Hank R2014-07-03 18:41

    Here is a picture of the wife's uncle Ken Ganton at Muir creek.

  45. #45camptramp2014-07-04 00:39

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay

  46. #46camptramp2014-07-04 00:49

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Gordy I driving P16 Pacific #116 through camp with a load of Cedar , loaded by a 235 Cat Excavator over the side.

  47. #47camptramp2014-07-04 00:56

    Gordy I M & M Kilbella Bay

  48. #48camptramp2014-07-05 00:55

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Load going over Camp Creek bridge.

  49. #49camptramp2014-07-05 01:12

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay

  50. #50camptramp2014-07-05 23:38

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Hauling throughcamp no wrappers or cinch's .

  51. #51camptramp2014-07-05 23:46

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay 1st picture Gordy I standing out on logs in Bull Pen . 2nd picture is log dump on causeway Kilbella Bay . Dump machine is a Northwest 80D used to parbuckle loads off truck down skid logs to water . Dumpman was Dave " Captain " Proudfoot.

  52. #52camptramp2014-07-07 00:55

    Gordy I Malloch Logging #101 T-800 Kenworth pulling a Aspen 65 Ton lowbed Gordy Isacson driver.

  53. #53camptramp2014-07-07 00:58

    Gordy I Malloch Logging.

  54. #54camptramp2014-07-09 01:07

    Gordy I Malloch Logging Gordy I driving Malloch Logging's lowbed #101 KW

  55. #55camptramp2014-07-11 00:33

    Gordy I Malloch Logging #101 T-800 Kenworth at Shoal Island DLS with a load of logs .

  56. #56camptramp2014-07-11 00:41

    Gordy I Malloch Logging Gordy with #101 a T-800 Kenworth pulling Aspen 65 ton lowbed , moving Madill 124 grapple yarder , behind Sooke on Bear M/L . Grapple Yarder operator Dale Chumly leaning on lowbed.

  57. #57camptramp2014-07-11 00:53

    Gordy I Malloch Logging Gordy moving Steve Drybrugh's WHD Hayes ( Elk River Timber # 26 ) from Port Albernie to Duncan Truck Show . Photo's by our late friend Bob Hoar

  58. #58Blk prince2014-07-11 01:05

    Is kilbella Bay still a logging show?

  59. #59Back choker2014-08-08 15:32

    Yes that's the bridge they replaced the suspension bridge .

  60. #60Back choker2014-08-08 15:34

    Thanks for the pictures Gordie.lots of good memories

  61. #61Back choker2014-08-08 15:37

    malloch logging,port alberni 2014.046 madill slack line yarder

  62. #62camptramp2014-08-18 00:39

    Gordy Isacson has dug out some more pictures from his collection . Going back to when the man behind the big " M " was in his prime . Young W.T."Bill " Malloch falling a nice Fir with 2 man chain saw Langford B.C. mid 1950's

  63. #63camptramp2014-08-18 00:45

    Gordy I , Young Bill Malloch on his Murdie Donkey winch

  64. #64camptramp2014-08-18 01:12

    Gordy I. Jud King's early Mercury Logging Truck hauling gas powered yarding Donkey in front of Castle's Service Station Langford B.C. ( corner of Leigh Rd. and Goldstream Ave. ) Here's a story I heard from a friend about Bill M. Bill was known for treating old friends and coworkers from his early day's well. In later years Jud King drove gravel truck for E. Nixon in Victoria . Bill M. hired a couple of E. Nixon's gravel trucks for some road work at his Nitinate Divison . When Bill found out Jud was one of the driver's , and knowing Jud liked Bananas , Bill had a box of Bananas shipped into the camp cook house for Jud .

  65. #65camptramp2014-08-19 00:15

    Gordy I. Early Malloch & Moseley photo (1963) Logging near Kangaroo Rd. and Sooke Rd. Crew L to R ( Brand new ) Cat D7E operator Don Fisher , Mack logging truck driver Ed Pears , Skagit SJ-4 operator Norris Mills , chaser second loader W T " Bill " Malloch , other 2 unknown

  66. #66camptramp2014-08-19 00:32

    Gordy I. " Army " logging truck getting loaded mid 1950's Langford B.C. , a creative crew using an early " Preload Set Up " .

  67. #67camptramp2014-08-19 00:45

    Gordy I . Malloch & Moseley's first logging truck an early 1950's REO Langford B.C. mid 1950's.

  68. #68camptramp2014-08-19 00:49

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley almost new GMC " Beauty " in landing Langford B.C.

  69. #69camptramp2014-08-19 23:59

    Gordy I. " Early Day's " ( Mid to late 1950's ) Logging around Langford B.C.

  70. #70camptramp2014-08-20 00:28

    Gordy I. Jud King standing on his Mercury tandem logging truck with nice Fir logs mid 1950's Langford B.C.

  71. #71camptramp2014-08-20 00:31

    Gordy I. Jud King's Mercury Tandem logging truck .

  72. #72camptramp2014-08-20 00:36

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley's Skagit SJ-4 a combo yarder and loader early 1960's Norris Mills operator.

  73. #73camptramp2014-08-21 00:03

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley's Reo hauling logs at Langford mid 1950's .

  74. #74camptramp2014-08-21 00:16

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley's GMC hauling a Donkey Langford B.C.

  75. #75camptramp2014-08-21 00:19

    Gordy I. Malloch youngsers, looks like Sue and Danny in front of D-7 Cat blade .

  76. #76camptramp2014-08-21 00:25

    Gordy I. Bill Malloch's sister Betty standing next to Kostenuk & Kershaw's Kenworth .

  77. #77camptramp2014-08-21 00:32

    Gordy I. New Malloch & Moseley International pickup with " Logger's Box " at Len Barkley's International dealership Victoria B.C.

  78. #78camptramp2014-08-21 00:52

    Gordy I. Kostenuk & Kershaw Kenworth and lowbed hauling International Harvester Dozer near Beacon Hill Park Victoria B.C. early 1960's

  79. #79camptramp2014-08-21 00:55

    Gordy I. Same truck as above was bought by Malloch & Moseley is shown being painted Malloch & Moseley colours.

  80. #80camptramp2014-08-21 23:56

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging early 1960's ( 1963 ) At Kangaroo and Sooke Rd.L-Model MACK with " custom " fenders by Glen Goldie - Langford B.C. driver : Ed Pears loader: Norris Mills , Bill Malloch standing on Bull Board of MACK .

  81. #81camptramp2014-08-22 00:14

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley's L-Model MACK loaded at Kangaroo and Sooke Rd. , Dumping load at Sooke B.C.

  82. #82camptramp2014-08-22 00:27

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Creek Div. Mid 1960's photo by Cliff Fenner one of the first , if not the first Dry Land Sort on the West Coast of B.C.

  83. #83dirty4fun2014-08-22 05:37

    Great old pictures camptramp, thanks for putting them up to see.

  84. #84Hank R2014-08-22 09:10

    Keep the old photos coming. Hank R.

  85. #85camptramp2014-08-22 09:18

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Creek Div. Booming grounds in Muir Creek flat booms towed out at high tide .

  86. #86camptramp2014-08-22 09:25

    The credit goes to Gordy for sharing photo's with us , when I come across photo's like these , its like striking gold . Hopefully Back choker will dig out some more of his pictures to share we us .

  87. #87camptramp2014-08-22 23:56

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Creek Div. Mid 1960's ( nice jag for 12 ft. bunks / 6 ft. stakes ) . #1 848 Kenworth , driver Ed Pears on Bull Board , W.T.( Bill )Malloch on left talking to Grapple operator Norris Mills

  88. #88camptramp2014-08-23 00:07

    Gordy I. B.C. LUMBERMAN MAGAZINE , Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Creek Div. 848 Kenworth driven by Ed Pears , loaded by Norris Mills September 1964 , ( no wrappers )

  89. #89camptramp2014-08-23 00:15

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging " Muir Creek Dryland Sort " mid 1960's #1 Kenworth 12 ft. bunks , 6ft. stakes , Cummins V-8 driver Ed Pears .

  90. #90camptramp2014-08-23 00:24

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging Squamish Div. logging truck fleet.

  91. #91camptramp2014-08-23 00:45

    Gordy I. Early 405 Koehring log loader M & M #85 on " Heaney's " GMC " Cracker Box " Cabover " Big or Teeny Just Call Heaney " was their slogan , Heaney's was the heavy hauler in Victoria B.C. in the early day's , it later became Johnston Terminals

  92. #92jackd2014-08-23 08:44

    Now there is a name from the past. My sister used to work for West Coast Freight in Port Alberni. This became Johnston Terminals sometime in the mid-60s. Whatever happened to this company?

  93. #93Hank R2014-08-23 11:36

    Here in the mainland of B.C. In 1972 Public Freightways and Johnson Terminals became one. Public closed its doors in 1989, due to the down turn in the economy and the small profit margin. The company decided to close while the going was still good.

  94. #94camptramp2014-08-23 23:52

    Gordy I. ( I see a note on one of these pictures , that they are from the Malloch Family Collection , thanks to the Malloch Clan for sharing them with us . ) Aerial view of Malloch & Moseley Logging 's Kilbella Bay Div. camp at Rivers Inlet B.C. 1974

  95. #95camptramp2014-08-24 00:10

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley, Rivers Inlet Div. C.E. Ted Routh Trucking from Campbell River hauling contractor for M&M ,#4 HDX Hayes at Kilbella Bay camp 1973 .

  96. #96camptramp2014-08-24 00:23

    Gordy I. C.E. " Ted " Routh Trucking #2 with a nice " Jag " loaded by Gordy's dad " Ike " Isacson at M & M Kilbella Bay 1973 We always called this " Ted's little HDX " 350 Cummins 2 sticks "5x4 , 4640 Diffs., 12x24 rubber , 12 ft. bunks .

  97. #97camptramp2014-08-24 00:34

    Gordy I. Nice load of Spruce Stringers for construction of Camp Creek Bridge on dump road .Loaded by " Ike " Isacson on C.E. Routh's #4 HDX Hayes driven by Gunnar Mandseth , camp office on left with interesting crummy in front M&M had a whole fleet of " International's " for Crummy's 1974 Kilbella Bay .

  98. #98camptramp2014-08-24 00:47

    Gordy I. C.E. Routh #4 HDX Hayes Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. 1973 , These loads were loaded By Ed " Ike " Isacson with a Kohring " rubber tire carrier "line loader or by Ray Isacson with a brand new 988 A Cat loader with Weldco Grapple .

  99. #99Boomchain2014-08-24 13:51

    Thats the one i learned how to drive in Wow thanks for the pic

  100. #100Boomchain2014-08-24 13:54

    I remember Gunnar also

  101. #101Vigilant2014-08-24 14:33

    I'll see your Crackerbox, Mr. Camptramp, and raise you a Road Commode. ROFL!

  102. #102camptramp2014-08-24 23:50

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. C.E. Routh's #4 HDX Hayes on Kilbella M/L 1973

  103. #103camptramp2014-08-24 23:53

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. C.E. Routh's #2 HDX Hayes hauling through Kilbella Bay camp 1973 .

  104. #104camptramp2014-08-24 23:58

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. Ted Rouths #3 HDX Hayes hauling Spruce Logs through Kilbella Bay Camp , notice how close load is to house and no wrappers on load .

  105. #105camptramp2014-08-25 00:17

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. "Uncle" Ray Isacson loading Ted Routh's #2 HDX Hayes with a brand new Cat 988A loader 1973

  106. #106camptramp2014-08-25 00:20

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. Ted Routh's #2 HDX Hayes loaded in Kilbella Bay Camp 1973 .

  107. #107camptramp2014-08-25 00:25

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. Ted Routh's #3 HDX Hayes loaded at Koehring line loader 1974

  108. #108camptramp2014-08-25 00:28

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. Hayes trailer view of scenic Kilbella Bay on way to dump , going through Camp Creek 1974 .

  109. #109camptramp2014-08-26 00:14

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. Kilbella Bay #141 P16 Pacific Loading from #349 Koehring line loader on rubber tire carrier. Madill tower is #408 an 009 on a rubber tire carrier.

  110. #110camptramp2014-08-26 00:21

    Gordy I. Malloch & Mosrley Kilbella Bay , P16 Pacific possibly #142 crossing 2 mile bridge over Chuckwalla River . This is the same spot that photo of Ray Gibson's Euclid was taken on Glue-lam bridge earlier .

  111. #111camptramp2014-08-26 00:25

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay #142 and #141 P16 Pacific's hauling through camp , main office is to the left .

  112. #112camptramp2014-08-26 01:01

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay .

  113. #113Back choker2014-08-26 02:51

    great pictures guys

  114. #114dirty4fun2014-08-26 05:40

    Sure enjoy the pictures, thanks for sharing them with us, camptramp.

  115. #115camptramp2014-08-26 10:06

    In my youth , the 1960's through to the 1980's there were a lot of unique characters and outfits in the Forest Industry on the West Coast of British Columbia , I did a little Camp Inspecting and worked in a few . Now I try to find pictures to post , to keep the memories of those time's alive , though the outfits and characters are sliding into past history. The late 1980's into the 1990's was a tough time for workers in the Forest Industry , many companies and workers fell to the way side due to the " War in the Woods" and the changing economy , during that time I wrote several poems that to me reflected my thoughts of those times .. The Timber Trade By Camptramp In a Rural Town Called a Logging Camp I grew up , to be a man On the West Coast Of B.C We followed our fathers Several friends and I We took to the Woods To harvest the Trees With pride we excepted Hard work for a decent wage And a life , in the Timber Trade Where once we stood proud And paid our own way We now look forward To be retrained, as Welfare Slaves We now have our doubts As to how we'll get by But having been raised as a Logger The tougher things get The harder we try The toughest chore of all Is to swallow our Pride

  116. #116Hank R2014-08-26 10:49

    Keep up the history about the camps and life. You were one of the lucky guys to have been there and done that. Most of us have never been there and can only read about it.

  117. #117Boomchain2014-08-26 12:38

    I remember the Bull cook when i was there , i seem to recall rumour was he had cooked for the Queen

  118. #118camptramp2014-08-27 00:20

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley , Kilbella Bay , Rivers Inlet Div. P16 Pacific .

  119. #119camptramp2014-08-27 00:46

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley , Kilbella Bay #116 1972 P-16 Pacific hooked to a 16 wheel Off Highway Lowbed hauling 044 Madill Grapple Yarder through camp . Driver Gordy Isacson . Quote , don't like that grapple hanging over my head .

  120. #120camptramp2014-08-27 00:53

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay .Madill 044 Move, grapple operator said " thats the best way to haul them ", I said " Never hauled one before " took'er so slow the machine could have walked to the logging area faster . LOL .C rossing 2 mile bridge .

  121. #121camptramp2014-08-27 09:50

    "Gone but not forgotten." R.I.P.

  122. #122Vigilant2014-08-27 21:31

    I have no idea who he is, or was, but I have added him to my ongoing prayer list. God bless him and ALL the old loggers.

  123. #123camptramp2014-08-27 22:08

    The man that gypo logged around the Langford , Sooke area until he got a break , then ran with it W.T. "Bill" Malloch .

  124. #124camptramp2014-08-27 22:23

    Good time to post a list Gordy I. made up of Malloch & Moseley in their peak years.

  125. #125Hank R2014-08-27 23:00

    Camptramp, are they still logging? I am guessing a lot smaller of a operation than years ago. Looks to me like they were a first class operation with good iron.

  126. #126Vigilant2014-08-27 23:49

    Thanks, Camptramp.

  127. #127camptramp2014-08-28 00:14

    Hank sometimes even Fairy Tales don't have happy endings , Malloch & Moseley fell on hard times in the 1980's I won't dwell on the ending , but focus on the good times . Two of Bill Malloch's son's and a daughter and family operate Malloch Logging , I would think it's a tough struggle to survive in today's Forest Industry , but they are made of tough stuff , and continue to keep dumping logs over the Brow Log into the water. And yes M & M was made up of good people and good equipment.

  128. #128camptramp2014-08-28 00:48

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Sister's Sue Erskine & Sharon Isacson ( Bill Malloch's daughters ) greeted the last loaded logging trucks of the season with surveyor's tape strung across the haul road in camp , Dec 10 ,1979 .

  129. #129camptramp2014-08-28 00:52

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Kilbella Bay Last load of the season Dec. 10 , 1979 Drivers left to right KenBreakwell , Doug Farris and Steve Braithwaite

  130. #130camptramp2014-08-28 00:57

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Shotbolt Bay Div Rivers Inlet B.C. #116 P-16 Pacific , note " The customized surge tank on radiator " driver Wendell Tincome

  131. #131Hank R2014-08-29 22:39

    Always like some customize touches on trucks, at least it is making money. Keep the history and pictures coming.

  132. #132camptramp2014-08-30 00:08

    Hank go to Pacific truck thread page 39 posting #580 , you posted a picture of the #116 at the Muir Creek shop and DLS with Ken Ganton in picture. Got to hook up with Gordy for a new supply of pictures .

  133. #133Hank R2014-08-30 09:16

    Truck does look a little newer in my picture, with the wife's uncle Ken.

  134. #134camptramp2014-08-30 09:54

    Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Creek Div. #116 P-16 Pacific brand new 1972 driver Toby Hird .

  135. #135camptramp2014-09-20 23:20

    Gordy Isacson and the Malloch family have provided some more Malloch & Moseley pictures to share . Remember the good old day's when locale logging contractors helped make a community event special . The first 2 pictures are of M&M's #70 in the late 1960's "ALL SOOKE DAY PARADE " Sooke B.C. picture 3 is Bill Neil's Neil Contracting #16 an off highway Kenworth , picture 4 is Butler Brothers "Roller Skate"

  136. #136camptramp2014-09-20 23:28

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley #89 Kenworth Lowbed in an "ALL SOOKE DAY PARADE"

  137. #137Vigilant2014-09-20 23:30

    ^^^ I still love those old style cab KWs.

  138. #138camptramp2014-09-20 23:38

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley , Muir Creek Div. Sooke B.C. mid 1960's

  139. #139camptramp2014-09-20 23:53

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Creek Div, picture 1 a Koehring log loader loading out of Madill Tower , picture 2 an American loader parked in front of shop at Muir Cr. DLS

  140. #140camptramp2014-09-21 00:11

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div. picture 1 is Garry Kershaw driving Kostenuk & Kershaw's Kenworth hauling load across West Coast Rd. into Muir Cr. DLS Ronny Renshaw enjoying a Player's cigarette. Picture 2 is Malloch & Moseley's "Vintage Army Diamond T" hooked to a lowbed , with a Parbuckle Dump in back ground , at Muir Cr. DLS

  141. #141Vigilant2014-09-21 00:14

    Judging from the driver's side stack, I would bet that W9 has a double breasted Yamaha under the hood.

  142. #142camptramp2014-09-21 00:29

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div. M & M's first 848 Kenworth 1963 Model V-8 Cummins with 5x4 trans sfd-4600 differentals

  143. #143camptramp2014-09-21 00:46

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Cr. Div. left to right Bill Malloch , Kenny Rohode , Ronny Renshaw in front of 1956 848 Kenworth .

  144. #144camptramp2014-09-21 00:48

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div.

  145. #145Vigilant2014-09-21 00:55

    Or perhaps a nine-o nuttin. Either way, I'll bet the driver had to slam his finger in the door to get mad enough to drive it. ROFL!

  146. #146camptramp2014-09-21 00:56

    Gordy I. Malloch & moseley Logging Muir Cr. Div. M & m's first 90 ft. Madill tower #27 , with a Tyee winch , in front of Muir Creek shop. mid 1960's

  147. #147camptramp2014-09-21 23:48

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div. Brand new Letourneau log stacker arriving , boom assembly to be attached later , mid 1960's

  148. #148camptramp2014-09-22 00:00

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div. Charlie Poriers International V-Liner hauling a Cat 955 on a bunk lay .

  149. #149camptramp2014-09-22 00:07

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr yard at DLS

  150. #150camptramp2014-09-22 00:12

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Cat D-8H 46A on a demolition job

  151. #151camptramp2014-09-22 00:17

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Accident details unknown

  152. #152camptramp2014-09-22 00:25

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Muir Ck Div. BCFP Area Logging Manager Roy Sworder left with Bill Malloch

  153. #153camptramp2014-09-22 00:41

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div. 1st "BIG" off highway truck for M & M at Muir Cr. , Sooke #115-850 Kenworth - 7 /14/1972 Driver Ed Pears , Swamper Gordy Isacson , Loader an American 599 line loader Operator Ed "Ike" Isacson , this is its first load for it brand new . ( you would think if you had a photographer lined up to take a picture of a brand new truck , you would fined a load of berries)

  154. #154camptramp2014-09-22 00:55

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Cr. Div. 1972 850 Kenworth featured in 1972 Inland Kenworth Ad. 1st load for truck at Muir Cr. Div. Sooke B.C.

  155. #155RCP572014-09-22 09:49

    Great pictures of 115! I wish I had access to all these photos when I started building the model of her! Here are a few more that my Dad took when she was new. They are reposts but I think they should be in here in the M&M thread too.

  156. #156RCP572014-09-22 10:02

    Here's a few more from my Dad's collection. You wouldn't get away with this now...This photo was taken by my Grandfather sometime in the 60's Same idea but towards the end at Muir Creek. Late 70's or very early 80's possibly. I know that a ride on the Cat was suggested to me but I was too shy and didn't want to. It seemed pretty scary at less than 5 years old!

  157. #157RCP572014-09-22 10:15

    A few more.... This old Cat is done! Getting a ride out of the dryland on the stacker...Dad told me who the guys were but I forget their names. Yes i know, I should pay more attention... Cat 966A loading bark. Anyone know more about the KW? I would like to build a model of it but I only have this picture of it. My Dad says he may have a few more pictures but he needs to go through a ton of slides to find them and then have them converted to pictures. Hopefully he can find them! Reg

  158. #158Hank R2014-09-22 12:50

    Always happy to see pictures from back in the day. Great way to start the day . Thanks again Hank R

  159. #159Vigilant2014-09-22 16:07

    That almost looks like a highway dump body on an off-highway truck. Could it be an old log truck that was converted on the cheap?

  160. #160dirty4fun2014-09-22 21:00

    Great pictures Reg, fun seeing how thing used to be done.

  161. #161camptramp2014-09-22 23:32

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Cr. Div. On the first picture Gordy wrote , M & M Muir Cr. " The Old Man " in action on 599 American.... on the second and third picture Malloch & Moseley -1972 Muir Cr. Div. New 850 Kenworth loading right-of-way wood American line loader operated by "IKE" Isacson Kenworth driven by Ed Pears . Bill Mallloch was known for his International Crummies . This one appears to be his personal pickup at the time , on the back of picture is written . Oct. Bill had just returned from hunting - Gang Ranch , note two spare tires. Bottom of Kirby Cr. Muir Cr. Div.

  162. #162camptramp2014-09-22 23:45

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Cr. Div. #115 850 Kenworth crossing Westcoast Rd. entering Muir Cr. DLS

  163. #163camptramp2014-09-22 23:53

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Cr Div.

  164. #164camptramp2014-09-23 00:28

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Muir Cr. Div #1 848 Kenworth Cat 1693 ( 14 foot bunks added ) driver Ed Pears mid 1960's

  165. #165camptramp2014-09-23 00:34

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. Div."New " 1972 P-16 Pacific #116 rolls into Muir Cr. Dryland Sort Sooke B.C. Driver Toby Hird . M & M purchased this truck same time as the 850 Kenworth #115 .

  166. #166RCP572014-09-23 15:46

    My Dad pointed it out to me this morning that it is himself and Toby in the Pacific add tripping the stakes(Dad at the front and Toby at the rear). He also mentioned that 116's trailer and bunks came off of the old KW truck #1(later #101) Where as 115 came with a brand new trailer ready to go.

  167. #167camptramp2014-09-23 22:35

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging , Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  168. #168camptramp2014-09-23 23:17

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div. Squamish Day's Parade , M & M crew supporting the Community they live and work in . M & M #101 a 1976 Kenworth LW 924 ,late 1970's or early 1980's .

  169. #169camptramp2014-09-23 23:23

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div. Squamish Day's Parade , a young Dale Malloch standing on road shoulder for a better view of Parade .

  170. #170camptramp2014-09-23 23:27

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div. Squamish Day's Parade #119 Kenworth , late 1970's or early 1980's .

  171. #171camptramp2014-09-23 23:49

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div. picture #1 a view of a yarding side from the sky , Pictures #2 ,3 ,4 Squamish log dump at " Tidewater " note Bill Malloch's " IHC " crummy .

  172. #172camptramp2014-09-24 00:03

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div. Squamish truck shop .

  173. #173camptramp2014-09-24 00:47

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  174. #174camptramp2014-09-24 00:51

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  175. #175camptramp2014-09-24 00:58

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley , not sure what division these pictures are , the folder say'y Squamish but the truck looks like an 848 Kenworth I'm pretty sure Squamish was a highway truck operation .

  176. #176camptramp2014-09-24 23:03

    Gordy i Malloch & Moseley Logging Squamish / Alta Lake Div. late 1960's

  177. #177camptramp2014-09-24 23:06

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  178. #178camptramp2014-09-24 23:08

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  179. #179camptramp2014-09-24 23:11

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  180. #180camptramp2014-09-24 23:29

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  181. #181camptramp2014-09-24 23:36

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish / Alta Lake Div.

  182. #182camptramp2014-09-25 00:08

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish Div. Alta Lake camp and shop late 1960's

  183. #183camptramp2014-09-25 00:12

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish Div. Alta Lake camp and shop late 1960's

  184. #184camptramp2014-09-25 00:31

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley, Squamish Div. no details , but someone had a bad day.

  185. #185camptramp2014-09-25 00:54

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish Div. " And They Walked Away " M & M #133 LW 924 Kenworth , has seen better day's , Gordy Weberg in Red Hard Hat

  186. #186camptramp2014-09-25 23:24

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish Div. M & M #101 1976 LW 924 Kenworth early 1980's Marilyn Malloch at the wheel Dale Malloch holding the door .

  187. #187camptramp2014-09-26 00:06

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish Div. A brand new Western Star #142 , late 1970's or early 1980's parked at the Malloch residence in Victoria . Bill Malloch standing by the right side fuel tank , Marilyn Malloch in cab , Patricia Malloch standing by rock wall .

  188. #188camptramp2014-09-26 00:22

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Squamish Div. new Western Star #142

  189. #189camptramp2014-09-26 00:25

    Gordy I Malloch & Mosely Squamish Div.

  190. #190camptramp2014-09-27 00:34

    Gordy I . Pictures provided by Ross Surgenor. Malloch & Moseley Meade Cr. Div. International DF-480 Hauling nice off highway load to dump at Lake Cowichan . Driver Ross Surgenor.

  191. #191camptramp2014-09-27 00:51

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging Picture #1 M & M International DF-480 driven brand new by Ken Ganton , Picture #2 & #3 EX M & M IHC DF-480 at Profab Chemainuc B.C. 2005 . Picture #4 is the IHC DF-480 at Ritchie Bros Auction 2006 . Picture #5 is a IHC DF-4300 with lowbed at Muir Cr. Div. driver Ken Ganton .

  192. #192camptramp2014-09-27 00:56

    Gordy I.

  193. #193camptramp2014-09-28 00:20

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging MacKay Lake Div. 1967 or 68 , M & M Fleet loaded for a staged picture for Inland Kenworth's photographer's , was in their Ads . Truck #2 is unitglass hood W-900( MacKay Lake Special ) . All other trucks are Kenworth LW-923 Models, 4th truck ( blue / white ) is contract truck owner driver Don Blundell and 6th truck is another contractor John Robson . Trucks loaded by " IKE " Isacson

  194. #194camptramp2014-09-28 00:32

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley McKay Lake Div. M & M # 64 and #70 1967 Kenworth's LW- 923 Models Cat 1676 power . McKay Lake is South of Nanaimo . in Cassidy area .

  195. #195camptramp2014-09-28 00:47

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging McKay Lake Div. 1967-68

  196. #196camptramp2014-09-28 23:54

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging McKay Lake Div. 1967-68 M & M #64 1967 Kenworth LW-923 Model , driver Paul Auringer

  197. #197camptramp2014-09-30 23:01

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging Nitinat Lake Div. M & M took a contract with BCFP on Nitinat Lake at the old Moore & Whittington camp in 1968 or 69 . Dave Ferris an employ of M & M bought an 848 Kenworth off M & M and took a Log Haul Contract with them at Nitinat Lake Div. 1st picture is the truck he bought off M & M , he referred to as " Snarfy " the 2nd picture is a new Kenworth Dave bought in the early 1970's .

  198. #198camptramp2014-09-30 23:07

    Gordy i. Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Lake Div. Log Haul Contractor Dave Ferris being loaded by a Koehring 665 line loader, mounted on a Pierce rubber tire carrier

  199. #199camptramp2014-09-30 23:13

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Lake Div. Hauling Contractor Dave Ferris , with his 848 Kenworth at A frame dump , both loads ,loaded by " IKE " Isacson

  200. #200camptramp2014-09-30 23:23

    Toby Hird A couple more pictures of Dave Ferris and his 848 Kenworth . A great guy , hard worker , liked to race Modify's and collect '32 Fords . Tragically left us way to soon.

  201. #201camptramp2014-09-30 23:49

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Lake Div. 2nd picture Lea "Bear"Fortin standing by #139 a P16 Pacific . 3rd picture is Lea Fortin & Ron Richardson standing in front of #139.

  202. #202camptramp2014-10-01 00:03

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. 1st picture " IKE " Isacson driving a loaded 850 Kenworth , 2nd picture Ed Pears standing on #140 850 Kenworth waiting for a load , 3rd picture is looking down from one Spar to another . Looks like Rosander Area .

  203. #203dirty4fun2014-10-01 05:43

    camptramp sure glad you keep coming up with more great photos. Very enjoyable to look at to me.

  204. #204Hank R2014-10-01 08:46

    For sure keep them great pictures coming, makes getting up in the morning easy.

  205. #205RCP572014-10-01 10:34

    I know this isn't really an M&M thing but some of you may find it interesting. I put together a video of all the build photos I took while building the model of M&M truck #115. It shows the whole building process from the simple drawings I started out with right to the way it sits now as a finished, working model. I hope you enjoy! http://youtu.be/iLk5fN04P_k

  206. #206Blk prince2014-10-01 11:43

    Morning Reg,watched your presentation. Wow. Very well done. So much detail. Very enjoyable. Thanks

  207. #207Hank R2014-10-01 13:35

    Watched it twice already and do not know how to say I am impressed. Great job Reg

  208. #208dirty4fun2014-10-01 20:29

    REG, wow great job with the video. It show more of the detail work you had to do to build the model. It was neat seeing it come together, in just a few minutes. Thanks for sharing it all with us.

  209. #209RCP572014-10-01 21:55

    Thanks very much guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's kind of crazy that you can condense hundreds of hours of work into a few minutes worth of pictures. I just did one up of the Hayes HD so I will post that in the Hayes section. Reg

  210. #210camptramp2014-10-01 22:57

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging Nitinat Div.

  211. #211camptramp2014-10-01 23:17

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging M & M shop in Langford , it use to be located on Goldstream Ave. next to Belmont Auto-Body .

  212. #212camptramp2014-10-01 23:38

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley Logging #101 LW-924 Kenworth 8V-92T power with Columbia double drop Lowbed , in front of M & M office 2610 Sooke Rd. , driver Ken Ganton .Cat 997K loader , operator Lea "Bear" Fortin , was clearing lot next to office .

  213. #213Vigilant2014-10-02 00:52

    Skidder in Post 212 looks like a Timberjack 460.

  214. #214skadill2014-10-02 01:37

    Great old video with some M&M equipment and trucks in it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OpUeETq_R0

  215. #215camptramp2014-10-02 22:48

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley (1988 Ltd. ) Brand new Western Star for logging in Victoria / Sooke areas , 3406-425 HP Cat , 146-18 speedtrans. 46 Difr. , driver Gordy Isacson

  216. #216camptramp2014-10-02 23:00

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley ( 1988 Ltd. ) Pictures taken at Plumper Bay , Fibermax Dryland Sort , former site of Vic Plywood , Victoria B.C. Gordy Isacson climbing into truck .

  217. #217camptramp2014-10-02 23:29

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley (1988 Ltd.) Property just off Sooke Rd. near 17 Mile House , East Sooke area .Loader is a Case ( Poclain ) 170 Juiser , operator Steve Benson loading new Western Star , driver Gordy Isacson , Dave Saunders Bucker , Landing Man , Skidder is an S-10 International, operator Steve Malloch .

  218. #218camptramp2014-10-03 23:40

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley (1988 Ltd.) Steve Benson on Case 170 Juicer , loading Larry Child's International V-Liner , salvage log truck .

  219. #219skadill2014-10-03 23:44

    above truck Same IHC,keeping them close together here.Photo lent to me by Larry

  220. #220camptramp2014-10-04 00:07

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley (1988 Ltd.) Sub contractor Ralf Grandlund's P510-S Pacific being loaded by Steve Benson onff Renfrew Rd. by Kokislah River .

  221. #221camptramp2014-10-04 00:31

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley (1988 Ltd.) 5th picture Bill Malloch (left) and Gordy Isacson standing in front of loaded truck.

  222. #222camptramp2014-10-04 00:43

    Gordy I. Malloch & Moseley (1988 Ltd.) 1st picture is Gordy I. trying hard to get in a " Bug & Tar Remover " ad . Load parked over night on Happy Valley Rd. 2nd picture is a Cat 980c loading empty trailer at Fibermax's Dryland Sort .

  223. #223camptramp2014-10-04 22:40

    Gordy I. Emerald Coast Timber owned by Bill , Dale , Steve Malloch and Ray Gibson , logging for Evans Forest Products , at Golden B.C. Andy Delmar loading Gord Fuse's Western Star.

  224. #224camptramp2014-10-04 23:11

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging 1st Picture #101 Hauling out of Victoria Water Shed Access Main to Leechtown Rd. area . Gordy Isacson driving , 2nd & 3rd pictures " Nice Load of Berries " on Malloch Logging #101 , Kapoor Contract Jack Main North in Victoria Water Shed , Gordy Isacson in picture . Photo's by Sue Malloch .

  225. #225camptramp2014-10-04 23:16

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging W.T. "Bill" Malloch , Gordy Isacson and Rick Mattin , Victoria Water Shed , Kapoor claim 2004 Havin' a Coke .

  226. #226camptramp2014-10-04 23:29

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging ,2003 , Antique Truck Historical Society , Duncan B.C. , W.T."Bill" Malloch standing along side a 1972 LW-924 Kenworth #1 cloned by his family as a Malloch & Moseley truck , both Bill and truck were retired from logging . Truck is owned and cared for by Gordy & Sharon ( Malloch ) Isacson .

  227. #227young_gun2014-10-19 06:13

    on left, Oley Paul buckerman, on right in tank top Gord Fuse, and lower right Andy's son Mitch. Camptramp, where did you get this picture? must have been from dale, this block was across the lake from sullivan camp pic shot in 1995?

  228. #228young_gun2014-10-19 06:20

    on left, Oley Paul buckerman, on right in tank top Gord Fuse, and lower right Andy's son Mitch. Camptramp, where did you get this picture? must have been from dale, this block was across the lake from sullivan camp pic shot in 1995? sorry for double post, didnt include picture first time for some reason ???

  229. #229camptramp2014-10-19 11:33

    young_gun these pictures were lent to us by Gordy Isacson. If you or any body you know have more pictures to share , Private Message me .

  230. #230Back choker2014-10-25 00:31
  231. #231Back choker2014-10-25 00:34

    bill malloch and don fisher

  232. #232Back choker2014-10-25 00:48
  233. #233Back choker2014-10-25 00:53

    . Bill and Pat Malloch,behind every good man is an even better good woman.

  234. #234camptramp2014-10-27 22:31

    Gordy I , a 1965 local news paper clipping .

  235. #235camptramp2014-10-27 23:19

    Gordy I . Malloch & Moseley Logging , " Mackay Lake Special " My favourite truck when I was a kid : Gordy I . This truck was spec'd out by Gary Kershaw- who ended up not taking delivery , and Malloch & Moseley ended up buying it .... what a beauty in 1967 . Note Chrome power steering reservoir , dual spot lights , and dual chrome "straight" pipes . Who ran them in 1967 ? S/N 83148 delivered April 7,1967 - 335 Cummins power , Spicer 8552 - A Main / 8341 G Aux - 88HD Diffs. #76 Later changed to #109 and painted yellow green and white . Also notice the 5- hole Aluminum "Wheels" on steering axle - they were unheard of on a Logging Truck in B.C. in the day - you didn't even see them on Freight Haulers up here in B.C. in 1967 . Look at the B.F. Goodrich 14 ply tires 10:00 x 20 Rock Logger Tires on drive axles and trailler . Truck is long gone ... but would be cool to build a clone of it one day for Truck Shows ... Hummm ... Photo was taken in front of Muir Creek Shop in Sooke B.C.

  236. #236Vigilant2014-10-27 23:52

    ^^^ If I were female, I would surely be wet.

  237. #237Back choker2014-10-28 14:29

    . Bill Malloch and Steve Malloch.Matheson lake.Malloch and Moseley 1988

  238. #238Back choker2014-10-28 14:37

    . One of my favorites.muir creek

  239. #239camptramp2014-10-28 23:54

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging #101 Hauling Kapoor wood in the Victoria Watershed , behind Old Wolf Lake 2005 .

  240. #240camptramp2014-10-29 23:10

    Gordy I Malloch Logging #101 At 3 mile on Goldstream M/L in Victoria Watershed hauling wood off Kapoor Lumber claim . Winter 2005 .

  241. #241Back choker2014-10-30 00:52
  242. #242camptramp2014-11-02 00:08

    Gordy I , Malloch & Moseley 1988 1st load with brand new 1988 Western Star , from Joan Yates property off Rocky Point Rd. in Metchosin B.C. driver Gordy Isacson loaded by Dale Malloch .

  243. #243camptramp2014-11-02 23:31

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley Logging 1988 , 1st load with new 1988 Western Star logging truck , driver Gordy Isacson . 10 year old Joey Isacson checking out his Dads new ride . ( Joey now runs loader for Malloch Logging )

  244. #244camptramp2014-11-04 00:15

    Gordy I Malloch & Moseley 1988 1st load with new Western Star driver Gordy Isacson

  245. #245camptramp2014-11-05 23:02

    Gordy I , Malloch & Moseley Logging 1988 , 1st two pictures is a brand new 1988 Western Star , fast forward 16 years to 2004 , same truck after a wiring fire in dash board .

  246. #246Back choker2014-11-07 01:25
  247. #247Back choker2014-11-07 01:28
  248. #248camptramp2014-11-08 00:08

    Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. Empty trucks parked at Caycuse Camp .

  249. #249Back choker2014-11-08 17:34

    great central lake 2014

  250. #250Back choker2014-11-08 17:41

    Joey Isacson

  251. #251Back choker2014-11-08 17:49

    Rick Erskine doing what he does best,building road Mcnabb creek.

  252. #252Back choker2014-11-08 17:55

    Bill Malloch running td14 international dozer.

  253. #253Back choker2014-11-08 18:20

    046 Madill putting penstock pipe on the hill(hells gate)2009 Narrows Inlet.yarder operator Steve Malloch,Hooktender Dan Malloch.Brian Stewart pipe welder.

  254. #254Back choker2014-11-08 18:37

    Grant Gage,Wayne Lorenzo,Shane malloch,Rick Erskine and Shon White all played a big part.you need a good team when your lifting 40000 lb pipe up a side hill 2500ft.

  255. #255Back choker2014-11-08 18:57
  256. #256camptramp2014-11-09 00:58

    Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. M & M #115 at BCFP's Caycuse DLS 1981 driver Ron Long .

  257. #257Back choker2014-11-09 01:23

    009 madill yarder at muir creek

  258. #258camptramp2014-11-13 00:44

    Malloch & Moseley , Bill Spiller pulling up adverse grade on Gordon River M/L with M & M # 145 an 850 Kenworth .

  259. #259camptramp2014-11-14 00:19

    Malloch & Moseley Logging , The picture is an M & M 850 Kenworth on the Gordon River M/L , with a slight problem . WFI the former user and builder of the road used logging trucks with 12 maybe 14 foot wide bunks . When BCFP started to use the Gordon River M/L , their logging trucks were using 15 1/2 foot bunks . The Malloch & Moseley truck pictured had I believe 16 ft. bunks . It is parked between TR 4 and TR 6 , between TR 4 and TR 6 there is a narrow Rock Cut , solid rock on one side , a drop off to the river on the other . That stretch of the road usually has a lot of pot holes in the tire tracks , on the rock face there is a rock about the size of a tire sticks out about a foot or so . When passing through the Rock Cut there is room to miss the obstacle , but if your dodging pot holes , we use to miss it by inches . It was about the same height as the "Eye" welded to the "Stake" to hold the Stake Strap . The out come if you miss judge or forget about it is obvious .

  260. #260Back choker2014-11-15 16:08

    Malloch and Moseley barging at muir creek 60s

  261. #261Back choker2014-11-15 16:38

    Malloch logging off to Earles Creek 2003. 124,400 back spar,two tridem log trucks,ambulance,pickup,shop truck,3800b processor and a 3800c loader.

  262. #262Back choker2014-11-15 16:57

    Bill Malloch and Ronny Renshaw

  263. #263camptramp2014-11-15 23:07

    Malloch & Moseley Logging , Bill Spiller driving M & M #145 an 850 Kenworth with 3408 Cat power , in a hurry on Gordon River M/L .

  264. #264camptramp2014-11-19 23:42

    Malloch & Moseley Logging An early morning M & M load on Gordon River M/L , probably Lea Fortin with the #146 .

  265. #265camptramp2014-11-22 00:12

    Malloch & Moseley 850 Kenworth waits at Honeymoon Bay DLS to be unloaded , an A & L T rucking Pacific highway truck with off highway load and a BCFP off highway Hayes parked beside it .

  266. #266Len Burton2014-11-22 04:07

    Flying to Prince Rupert to pick up a log barge. That's Rivers Inlet below.

  267. #267dirty4fun2014-11-22 04:56

    Len looking forward to seeing the log barge, and finding out if it is loaded or what.

  268. #268camptramp2014-11-23 00:10

    Malloch & Moseley M & M load waiting to dump at BCFP Honeymoon Bay DLS could be Bill Spiller with #145 .

  269. #269camptramp2014-11-30 23:47

    Malloch & Moseley Pulling up adverse grade on Gordon River M/L.

  270. #270camptramp2014-12-09 00:41

    Malloch & Moseley #145 850 Kenworth Cat 3408 powered , Bill Spiller pulling adverse grade on Gordon River M/L .

  271. #271camptramp2014-12-09 00:58

    [attach) img 3160[/attach]

  272. #272dieselfreak2014-12-12 00:34

    Love M&M history, they are a true testament to west coast logging. Set an example and laid routes in if your machines running, so are you. Admire what they did and the equipment they ran.

  273. #273Back choker2014-12-16 04:47

    Thanks for the kind words diesel freak.

  274. #274camptramp2014-12-21 23:39
  275. #275camptramp2014-12-21 23:46
  276. #276camptramp2014-12-22 00:03
  277. #277camptramp2014-12-22 00:11
  278. #278camptramp2014-12-22 00:25
  279. #279camptramp2014-12-22 00:34

    A Malloch & Moseley loaded 850 Kenworth crossing South Shore Rd. entering Honeymoon Bay DLS .

  280. #2800752015-01-06 23:12

    Kilbella Bay Sept 14

  281. #281camptramp2015-01-21 23:57

    Gordy I. Gordy's Kenworth LW 924 cloned as a Malloch & Moseley truck at Inland Kenworth Dealer's "new" Naniamo facilities . Photos by The Late Great Robert J. Hoar , pictured with his pickup .

  282. #282camptramp2015-01-22 23:48

    Gordy I. Gordy's Malloch & Moseley cloned LW 924 Kenworth parked between two Malloch Logging Kenworth's at Hayes Over the Bay , at Honeymoon Bay B.C. Summer 2004 .

  283. #283camptramp2015-01-23 00:31

    Gordy I. This ones for you Back choker . the decale on the LT-101 door .

  284. #284camptramp2015-02-02 00:18

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging , Malloch trucks parked on dock at Bamberton , left to right # 104 , #102 and #101

  285. #285camptramp2015-02-02 22:31

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging , Billy Erskine ( Bill Malloch's Grandson ) loading #101 with a 370 Hatachi log loader . Note freshly painted Peerless pole trailer . Working for Kapoor Lumber , hauling in Victoria Watershed .

  286. #286camptramp2015-02-02 23:18

    Sue Malloch Gordy Isacson with his Malloch & Moseley Kenworth at Honeymoon Bay Truck Show , " Hayes Over The Bay "

  287. #287camptramp2015-02-02 23:31

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging Winter Logging Show for Kapoor Lumber behind Victoria Water Shed

  288. #288camptramp2015-02-03 23:18

    Sue Malloch , Malloch Logging , #101 loaded with a load of "Old Growth" under 10 piece loads , from the Kapoor Lumber holding . Gordy I. in pictures .

  289. #289camptramp2015-02-03 23:24

    Gordy I. Mallcoh Logging #101 hauling through the Victoria Water Shed loaded at Shoal Island DLS .

  290. #290camptramp2015-02-05 23:53

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging #101 with lowbed moving a D-7H Cat at Bamberton .

  291. #291camptramp2015-02-05 23:57

    Gordy I. , Malloch Logging , #101 parked on side of Island Highway in Langford at Spencer Rd. carrying Cat rock truck .

  292. #292camptramp2015-02-06 00:00

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging , Hauling log's the " Interior Style" 7 Mile on Kapoor M/L.

  293. #293camptramp2015-02-13 22:29

    Sharon Isacson , Malloch logging , Carrying on a family tradition BILL Malloch and Ed Nixon worked together in the 1960's & 1970's . Now their sons work together , Gordy Isacson with Dale & Steve Malloch 's blessing using Malloch Logging's #101 8 axle lowbed to move Dennis Nixon's HDX Hayes Rock Truck from Campbell River's "Island Truck Show" to Dennis's property on Malahat .

  294. #294camptramp2015-02-13 22:32

    Sharon Isacson , Malloch Logging moving Nixon Bros. HDX Hayes Rock Truck .

  295. #295camptramp2015-02-14 23:50

    Gordy I. Malloch Logging 1st picture , Ralf Wiley & Rick Matin standing next to Malloch trucks on access rd. to Shoal Island DLS . 2nd picture Gordy moving Madill 122 grapple yarder to Kapoors Lands through Victoria Water Shed roads , starting in from gate on Goldstream end .

  296. #296camptramp2015-02-19 00:21

    Gordy I. Photo's courtesy of Dennis Ruttan & "Jake the Trucker" Gordy I. with his Malloch & Moseley clone Kenworth getting ready to leave Hayes's Duncan yard for the "Big Rig Weekend" at Mission B.C. Summer 2005 , with Hayes's 1939 Hayes logging truck on trailer. "A Sight To Behold" We managed to tur n a few heads on the way over !

  297. #297camptramp2015-03-14 00:27

    Gordy I. B.C. Forestry Discovery Center , Gordy Isacson's Cloned Malloch & Moseley Kenworth , parked along side The Late Bill Simpson + Friend standing beside the Beautiful Diamond "T" he restored .

  298. #298Back choker2015-03-14 13:45

    Danny Malloch up the 009 madill spar tree

  299. #299Back choker2015-03-14 14:01

    This ones for you camptramp,thanks for fixing my pictures

  300. #300camptramp2015-03-15 01:52

    Took me a while but I got your pictures back in lead .

  301. #301John Shipp2015-03-15 12:46

    What a fantastic looking company. Hats off to Bill Malloch and co. A lot of "get up and go" exhibited in these photos, BC looks like a fine place to live and work. You sure do build the right equipment for the job. Thanks, John.

  302. #302Back choker2015-03-17 01:35

    I see this photo lots but thought i would post one on this thread. Malloch and Moseley , muir creek

  303. #303camptramp2015-03-17 09:37

    Those were the really "Good Old Day's"

  304. #304Vigilant2015-03-17 12:54

    Yes they were. Sadly, we all know, we can't go back.

  305. #305Back choker2015-03-17 22:58

    Nice picture for you guys from today

  306. #306Back choker2015-03-18 22:38

    Old news clipping we found the other day

  307. #307camptramp2015-03-18 23:10

    Sorry tried to find a way to make it readable , couldn't do it .

  308. #308John Shipp2015-04-05 08:01

    This still looks like "a good (old) day" to me. That a Hitachi loader?

  309. #309camptramp2015-05-19 01:09

    Malloch Logging , Alberni area , Early morning on Taylor 550 M Madill 046 90 ft Longline yarder , #44 Western Star tri-drive Eight's Enough Trucking , Duncan B.C.

  310. #310John Shipp2015-05-20 09:00

    Great looking setting and equipment. Do they still operate out of logging camps or are the roads good enough that everyone drives in everyday? I stay in a caravan in the woods where I'm working, anyone do that in this area of BC?

  311. #311camptramp2015-05-21 00:44

    On the Mainland Coast of British Columbia and West Coast of Vancouver Island there are still isolated places where logging company's have camps , but most areas on Vancouver Island and the Fraser Valley are accessible by paved roads . The big camps that use to be are pretty much gone , most loggers work locally and commute from their homes to their place of work . If the company they work for or they find work to far from home to commute , they stay in Motels or live out of travel trailers or motor homes .

  312. #312camptramp2015-05-21 01:07

    Malloch Logging Alberni area , Taylor 550 M , #44 Eights Enough Trucking Duncan B.C.

  313. #313camptramp2015-06-02 00:22

    Malloch Logging , Alberni area Eights Enough Trucking's #44 , leaving landing on Taylor 550 M , dumping at Island Timber's Northwest Bay Div. DLS

  314. #314Boomchain2015-10-10 18:13

    Wow < been a while since i've been here , lots of new pics and info . I want to thank everybody that has posted their info and pictures here , it has brought back a lot of memories from in camp , and logging on the Island . Thanks again Hugh

  315. #315Blk prince2015-10-11 02:46

    Post 313, last picture. This is our good friend,Camptramp. He has put in countless hours posting pictures from many of our collections. What a guy 3 cheers. Thank you!

  316. #316dirty4fun2015-10-11 04:53

    Thanks Camptramp, great job on the pictures and describing them, too.

  317. #317Hank R2015-10-11 08:59

    Thanks for all your work Camptramp

  318. #318camptramp2015-10-12 00:04

    Thanks Guy's , was talking to a friend this AM at coffee , should have some more pictures for this thread soon Boomchain .

  319. #319John Shipp2015-10-16 17:03

    Warm thanks too from this island Camptramp, for anyone interested in mechanised logging on a large scale, these pictures and info are the greatest. You must have the hang of that scanner by now, thanks for posting all.

  320. #320camptramp2015-11-01 01:26

    Gordy Isacson , Sadly long time key employee of Malloch & Moseley Ed "Ike" Isacson passed away earlier this year (like sons Gordy & Garry ) he could run anything or drive anything in a Logging Camp . His son Gordy discovered a box of pictures he didn't know existed , and is sharing them with us . Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet , Garry Isacson standing by Volvo Rock Truck .

  321. #321camptramp2015-11-02 20:18

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moesley , Nitinat Div. Log Hauling Contractor Dave Ferris with his 848 Kenworth .

  322. #322camptramp2015-11-03 00:37

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. , Raising 009 Madill Tower , 599 American Log Loader .

  323. #323camptramp2015-11-04 22:49

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. 850 Kenworth log truck , American 599 log loader , Madill 009 Steel Tower on tank carrier .

  324. #324camptramp2015-11-04 23:04

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. A couple of pictures of the #143 a Kenworth 850 driven by Mike Fortin .

  325. #325camptramp2015-11-05 23:45

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. M & M had two Koehring log loaders on rubber tire carrier's .

  326. #326camptramp2015-11-05 23:48

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div.

  327. #327camptramp2015-11-05 23:55

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. M & M loads lined up at Caycuse Dry Land Sort .

  328. #328Blk prince2015-11-06 09:38

    Anyone know where Mike Fortin is now. Have not seen or heard his name since 1980.

  329. #329camptramp2015-11-06 22:08

    Mike lives around Mill Bay . Through the transition of Malloch & Moseley , Forest Lands Industries , Hayes Forest Mike shared the road with us , switching from Off Highway trucks to Highway trucks along the way . I can't remember the exact year , but it must have been after 2000 , Mike's wife had health concerns and Hayes kept Mike working around their main yard at Duncan in case his wife needed him . I hope he is well , I left a message on his phone last year looking for pictures , he never returned the call . Another good Logging Truck driver slipping into oblivion .

  330. #330camptramp2015-11-07 01:14

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley , Nitinat Div. Gordy tells me this is the first 075 Madill loader on a Madill rubber tire carrier . Ike Isacson ran it new .

  331. #331camptramp2015-11-08 00:20

    Gordy I . (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. 1st picture two of M&M's finest Ike Isacson and Ed Pears standing by #141 P16 Pacific log truck .

  332. #332camptramp2015-11-09 23:00

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. , 1st picture looking down on Nitinat Lake . 2nd picture a day off with neighbour's and friends at M & M camp on Nitinat Lake , late 1970's , Ron & Bev Renshaw , Sherman Hankins & Wife , Wayne Young & Wife . 3rd picture Sherman Hankins Wife , Unknown ,Sherman Hankins , Wayne Fredericks . 4th picture left - right Bev & Ron Renshaw , 2 Girls unknown . 5th picture Bruce Propp Grapple Yarder Hook Tender for M & M Logging .

  333. #333camptramp2015-11-09 23:04

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Nitinat Div. A Madill Grapple Yarder Ike Isacson ran new .

  334. #334camptramp2015-11-09 23:33

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. Pictures of a few side hills and settings the crew worked on .

  335. #335camptramp2015-11-10 23:04

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. , A couple of pictures from the Grade Department .

  336. #336camptramp2015-11-10 23:19

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div.

  337. #337camptramp2015-11-10 23:30

    Gordy I. (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley , Nitinat Div. 1st picture is M & M log truck driver Ron Long's girl friend feeding a Whiskey Jack .

  338. #338camptramp2015-11-10 23:35

    Gordy I (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. Don't know what happened here , but somebody had a bad day .

  339. #339camptramp2015-11-10 23:50

    Gordy I (Ike Isacson) Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Div. M & M's Madill 075 loading the "Bear" Lea Fortin driving #147 a 850 Kenworth .

  340. #340diamondtguy2015-11-11 00:21

    Nice pics...I see they all have single exhaust...KTA powered ???

  341. #341camptramp2015-11-11 00:32

    The #143 , #145 , #147 were all 850 Kenworths with 3408 Cat power most of the other KW's and P16 Pacific's had V12-71 's for power .

  342. #342Blk prince2015-11-11 10:35

    Post #338 pic #2. Looks like the "bear" in a good morning stance

  343. #343diamondtguy2015-11-11 11:56

    I see one of the P-16's with dual exhaust but it looks like the other has a single muffler..I forgot all about 3408's in these trucks..

  344. #344camptramp2015-11-17 00:08

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley , Muir Cr. Div. a couple of pictures of the shop and Dry Land Sort . 1967

  345. #345camptramp2015-11-17 22:55

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley Muir Cr. 1968 . 1st picture Toby Hird afternoon shift Stacker Operator . 2nd picture A young Jason Hird standing by Stacker Tire .

  346. #346camptramp2015-11-17 23:19

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , Muir Cr Div. 1972 , Toby Hird driving #116 a new P16 Pacific

  347. #347camptramp2015-11-17 23:25

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , Muir Cr. Div. 1977 , Long time M & M employee Don Fisher lighting slash fires , using heli-drip torch , with M & M Helicopter .

  348. #348camptramp2015-11-18 23:09

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Lake Div. Nitinat Camp late 1960's .

  349. #349camptramp2015-11-18 23:28

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley , Nitinat Lake Div. 1st picture Nitinat Camp Cook House , 2nd - 4th pictures Nitinat Camp family house's .

  350. #350camptramp2015-11-18 23:58

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley , Nitinat Lake Div. 1975 , 1st-3rd pictures Nitinat Camp view from a Helicopter 4th picture Toby Hird with son Jason replacing washed out culvert . 5th picture Toby & Jason back from fishing with a Steelhead from Duba Creek .

  351. #351camptramp2015-11-19 00:07

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley , Nitinat Lake Div. 1st picture Jason Hird and Don Fisher in front of Helicopter Jan. 1976 . 2nd Picture Burning slash at Nitinat with the 206 Jet Ranger using "Ping Ball " system . 1984 .

  352. #352camptramp2015-11-20 00:02

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley Nitinat Lake Div. , snowed out .

  353. #353camptramp2015-11-20 00:10

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley , Rivers Inlet Div. A birds eye view of Killbella bay operation . . 1st picture Killbella Bay Camp . 2nd picture the Chuckawala River . 3rd picture A fire at Killbella Bay operation . 4th picture Johns Creek .

  354. #354camptramp2015-11-20 00:20

    Toby H. Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. 1st picture Gordie Eves plane at Killbella Bay 1975 . 2nd picture Killbella Bay camp wharf 1976 .

  355. #355camptramp2015-11-20 00:30

    Toby H . Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. FIFT's Gremlin Goose "Bird Dog" making a stop at Kinllella Bay , June 1976 . View attachment 145092 View attachment 145093 View attachment 145094 View attachment 145095

  356. #3560752015-11-20 22:56

    Killbella Bay last spring

  357. #357camptramp2015-11-21 01:44
  358. #358camptramp2015-11-22 23:36

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , Rivers Inlet Div. 1st picture Chuckawalw River Estuary Killbella Bay , Aug. 1976 . 2nd picture looking out at Rivers Inlet from dump machine Aug. 1976 . 3rd - 5th picture a Log Barge loading at Killbella Bay Aug. 1978 .

  359. #359camptramp2015-11-22 23:44

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. , Toby with Jason and Sherry standing in front of what looks to be a two man snow mobile

  360. #360camptramp2015-11-23 00:05

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , Rivers Inlet Div. 1st picture June 1976 snow still 15 - 20 feet deep at bottom of Winter Snow Slide area . 2nd - 3rd pictures new Warner Swasey excavator Aug. 1976 . 4th picture Air Track Rock Drill at work Aug 1976 . 5th picture Rock Truck hauling unwanted wood from Dryland Sort .

  361. #361camptramp2015-11-23 00:24

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. Every once in awhile a Grizzly Bear gets caught on the haul roads , on B.C. Main Land Coast .

  362. #362camptramp2015-11-23 00:43

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. , 1st picture Tension Skidder June 1976 . 2nd picture Ted Roth's HDX Hayes Killbella Bay Camp June 1976 . 3rd picture Rained over night , flooded Yarder , Aug . 1978 . 4th picture ? , Dolly Purcell , Steve Braithwaite standing in front of #142 P16 Pacific .

  363. #363camptramp2015-11-23 23:09

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. 1981 Bridge washed out at 18 mile over Killbella River .

  364. #364camptramp2015-11-23 23:13

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div. 1981 bridge washed out at 18 mile over Killbella River . 3rd picture replacing washed out bridge with a 'Bailey Bridge" .

  365. #365camptramp2015-11-25 00:21

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , Sept. 14,1984 M & M were working for BCFP Renfrew Div. in the Tr. 10 , Loop Cr. area while moving #402 Madill 009 Yarder down a hill it had a run away .

  366. #366camptramp2015-11-26 23:07

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , 1984 while contracting for BCFP Renfrew Div. #402 Madill 009 tower pulled a "Guyline" stump out of the ground resulting in pulling the tower over . I just realized that this is the same tower (#402) that was involved in a run away in post #366 . This event happened first , in these pictures the tower its self is "rusty yellow" top to bottom , in posting #366 the top section is painted orange . 1st-3rd pictures of tower pulled over . 4th picture is John Combet and Toby Hird inspecting up turned guyline stump .

  367. #367camptramp2015-12-02 00:12

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley , Renfrew Div. Sept. 6,1985 #142 P16 Pacific Log Truck , Heading for BCFP's Honeymoon Bay DLS . The loaded logging truck had just crossed South Shore Rd. at Mesachie Lake on the Hillcrest M/L , to get to Honeymoon Bay Off Highway , we use to follow Hillcrest M/L to Pacific's Dump then follow Old Rail Road Grade to Honeymoon Bay DLS . While pulling on to the bridge that cross's Robertson River that is on a corner , Trailer tracked off inside of corner on fill approaching bridge , pulling truck which way already on bridge , off bridge into river . Cause Pin that passes through Funnel on end of Compensater at tail frame of truck and "Eye" on end of trailer Reach to hold trailer in place while hauling load had "jumped out" somewhere's along the gravel road . (The Pin is about 2 inches in diameter by about a foot long weighting about 10 pounds) , T his is only the second time I've seen this happen after 20 years of driving Off Highway Logging Truck the first time the driver discovered it was missing when he pulled into the Nekite River Dump behind me , the pin was found on the M/L about 6 miles out of Camp .

  368. #368camptramp2015-12-02 00:14

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley , #142 Log Truck mishap .

  369. #369camptramp2015-12-02 00:17

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley , #142 Log Truck mishap .

  370. #370camptramp2015-12-02 00:20

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley #142 Log Truck mishap .

  371. #371camptramp2015-12-02 00:25

    Toby Hird Malloch & Moseley , #142 Log Truck mishap . Last picture is BCFP Log Truck #6-239 going through river to get around wreck and get to dump .

  372. #372diamondtguy2015-12-02 00:59

    That would not have been fun for the driver, especially landing in the water on his side.Was he OK ??? Truck looks fairly new and took a hard hit but it looks like it took the beating well.. Having been flipped over myself a few times and having my truck land on its drivers side in a ravine I find myself having a personal moment with the pictures.. I hope he is OK...

  373. #373camptramp2015-12-02 01:08

    The driver was young and tough besides being shook up he came out of it okay , really good guy really good driver , just a bit of bad luck . One suggestion that came out of it was to drill a hole in pin under funnel and make a safety pin out of wire to insure reach pin can't bounce out .

  374. #374diamondtguy2015-12-02 02:04

    Glad to hear he was ok...I have a picture in my head of the pin.Tapered on the bottom,flat bar welded across the top,chain welded on to the flat bar and hair clip on the chain..Dont know when it came to be but that's what I remember.I could be thinking of the wrong pin tho..

  375. #375camptramp2015-12-06 00:22

    When I first posted this picture I failed to recognize long time Malloch & Moseley employee , Master Mechanic Ken Madison in 2nd picture lower right corner .

  376. #376camptramp2015-12-06 00:32

    Toby Hird , Malloch & Moseley , Muir Cr. 1977 .

  377. #377camptramp2015-12-12 22:40

    Pat Mac (McMillen) BCFP , Malloch & Moseley , Muir Cr. Dealing with "Ckunk's" , 955 Cat loading , them on an International Tandem .

  378. #378camptramp2016-01-11 22:53

    Malloch & Moseley Muir Creek Div. #70 a Kenworth Highway logging truck in an All Sooke Day Parade . Wouldn't the DOT have a fit if they caught you driving through Down Town Sooke with that load today .

  379. #379Diane Marie2016-02-02 03:34

    Yes they would, because there haven't been loads or logs that big since they were born! I, too, remember when loads like this went down Main Street in my Oregon hometown, dropping mud and bark everywhere. :cool2 Love these vintage logging shots.

  380. #380Sidney432016-02-02 20:45

    Diane - I have driven by that old teepee burner many times, when the mill was still there and after it was gone. Was that located at Setzer Forest Products, or the other mill? I went to HS in Yreka and hunted over at Lower Klamath in the fifties and early sixties. More recently we hunted "squeaks" out of McDoel. Cal Setzer was one of my neighbors before we moved to Idaho last summer.

  381. #381Diane Marie2016-02-04 05:12

    Sidney, I don't know the names of the mills in Dorris, but my avatar is the one closest to town from the bug station. I moved away from the area when I was 13 (1962) and moved back to Klamath Falls 8 years ago, so there is a gap in my knowledge of a lot of details. What in the world are squeaks?

  382. #382Sidney432016-02-05 00:11

    Interesting - I left Siskiyou county to go to college in 1961, but came back one more summer to work with my dad logging. So we have about the same time frame. "Squeaks" are the nickname for the Beldens ground squirrels that infest the alfalfa ranches around McDoel and Klamath Falls. They are a problem and the ranchers cannot use poison on them because of protected raptor species that would ingest the poison.

  383. #383Diane Marie2016-02-05 04:36

    Oh! I didn't know anything about those critters. Right, poisoning them would pretty much wipe out the raptors.

  384. #384callingtheshop2016-02-05 12:40

    I Googled "Squeeks", ha ha. I'm glad someone asked as it was getting to me.

  385. #385vwerin2016-03-01 16:31

    Camp - Do you happen to have any other photos of Lea Fortin around? I am his step granddaughter, granddaughter to Aileen Fortin. I didn't know these photos existed and I know our family would love to have copies if possible. Haven't seen a picture of Papa in years. Very emotional. Please let me know -Erin email [email protected]

  386. #386camptramp2016-03-25 23:36

    "Boulder Bill" Elliott has loan us some pictures from the Malloch & Moseley Archives curiosity of Gordy Isacson . 4th picture is of General Shovel loading smaller size logs out of Rubber Tire Skidder / Cat shows . 5th picture is a 405 Koehring Log Loader .

  387. #387camptramp2016-03-25 23:55

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  388. #388Boomchain2016-03-26 17:27

    I remember running that airtrack with Wayne Robson

  389. #389camptramp2016-03-26 23:57

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  390. #390camptramp2016-03-26 23:59

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  391. #391camptramp2016-03-27 00:01

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  392. #392camptramp2016-03-27 00:04

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  393. #393John Shipp2016-03-27 07:51

    The roadbuilder in post 389, what are the "lugs" for on back of bucket? Great pictures again, many thanks.

  394. #394camptramp2016-03-27 23:29

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  395. #395camptramp2016-03-27 23:31

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  396. #396DBDLS2016-03-27 23:42

    John: The lugs on the back of the bucket are actually boxes that you can insert ripper shanks into. I would think, with the advent of quick changes, a separate ripper attachment would be the preferred option today.

  397. #397camptramp2016-03-27 23:53

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  398. #398camptramp2016-03-28 00:16

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  399. #399John Shipp2016-03-28 03:21

    Thanks DBDLS, not seen them before. This forum is great for picking up some different ways to do things. Cheers.

  400. #40049pacific2016-03-28 13:31

    They would put shanks in those boxes to help tear up stumps when building road if they couldn't dig it up. Iv welded old sprocket segments on to lots of buckets for the operator

  401. #401John Shipp2016-03-28 15:14

    Sprocket sections welded on back of bucket, similar place to those boxes? How are they used, kind of like a cheese grater? Trying to picture it. Cheers. (apologies for thread hijacking)

  402. #402camptramp2016-03-28 22:27

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  403. #403camptramp2016-03-28 22:49

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  404. #404camptramp2016-03-28 23:14

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  405. #405camptramp2016-03-28 23:53

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  406. #406camptramp2016-03-29 00:07

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  407. #407camptramp2016-03-30 00:46

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  408. #408camptramp2016-03-30 00:48

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  409. #409camptramp2016-03-30 00:50

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  410. #410camptramp2016-03-30 00:52

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  411. #411camptramp2016-03-30 21:56

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson

  412. #412camptramp2016-04-19 23:53

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , 1st picture Bill Malloch & son Dale along side a new 849 K/W #115

  413. #413camptramp2016-04-21 00:13

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection

  414. #414camptramp2016-04-22 00:30

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson Malloch Family Collection

  415. #415camptramp2016-04-24 00:31

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection .

  416. #416camptramp2016-04-24 00:34

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection .

  417. #417camptramp2016-04-24 22:49

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Collection

  418. #418camptramp2016-04-25 23:52

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection .

  419. #419camptramp2016-04-25 23:55

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection .

  420. #420camptramp2016-04-27 00:20

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson Malloch Family Col lection

  421. #421camptramp2016-04-27 00:23

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson Malloch Family Collection .

  422. #422camptramp2016-04-27 23:40

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection .

  423. #423camptramp2016-04-28 23:14

    Boulder Bill / Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection .

  424. #424camptramp2016-06-02 00:06

    Boulder Bill/ Gordy Isacson , Malloch Family Collection , Malloch & Moseley , 1st Picture M&M Millstream Rd. , 3rd Picture M&M Squamish . 4th Picture M&M Muir Cr. DLS . 5th Picture M&M MacKay Lake #64 1967 or 68 Kenworth .

  425. #425camptramp2016-08-14 00:21

    Rob Norman , Maverick Logging HBO Div. ( Subsidiary of Malloch Logging ) Madill 046 rigged up as a Shot Gun system using the Skyline tail holed to an Excavator ( for extra lift at the Back end ) . Set up on the Caycuse M/L , 13 KM's out of Caycuse on a Call Point fondly remembered as the "Skidder Corner" , logging the New Growth . Truck Driver Rob Norman , Loader Operator Leon Jones .

  426. #426camptramp2016-08-14 00:23

    Rob Norman , Maverick Logging , HBO , Div.

  427. #427camptramp2016-08-14 00:26

    Rob Norman Maverick Logging , HBO , Div.

  428. #428Blk prince2016-08-14 02:44

    Camptramp,good to see you back. Thanks. Bp

  429. #429TorkelH2016-08-14 03:44

    Thank you Camptramp for bringing some pictures of Maverick Logging's 046 working out of Caycuse now. To my knowledge it is three 046's working on Vancouver Island, the two others is AGG of Powell River's 046 #22064 (formerly Huffman & Wright, Oregon) and #10003 moved from a Madill 079 trailer and mounted by Madill in 1995 for Mike Walch on the one of a kind Madill 069 carrier formerly used on the one of a kind Madill 062 yarder (3-600).

  430. #430John Shipp2016-08-14 04:18

    Thanks Mr tramp, excellent pictures, looks like successful regrowth being harvested there. Cheers.

  431. #431Crownzellerbach2016-12-02 00:35

    The original m m logo This isn't the original location that billy had ordered on the m m trucks! It was up near the top. On the green stripe. The m was huge as well. It's a shame that dale didn't keep it the same way when des Moseley was dropped. My dad work for both of them on Queen Charlotte

  432. #432Crownzellerbach2016-12-02 11:44

    Big m Backloader. My dad showed me Billy's. Trucks. And from what I can. See. Most of the kenworths and yuks. Had. The (M). Up higher placed on the green stripe. Not where it is now on there trucks. Plus the formant is completely different It's a shame my dad sure misses working at Queen charlottes

  433. #433camptramp2017-02-16 23:13

    Boulder Bill (Gordy Isacson) Munns Lumber , #40-90 P 16 Pacific & Lowbed , Madill 124 in Sooke Lake Watershed at Old Shop . Al Brooks next to truck , Doug Kersch standing near shop , Gord Isacson driving Truck .

  434. #434camptramp2017-02-24 23:44

    Boulder Bill .

  435. #435camptramp2017-02-24 23:46

    Boulder Bill .

  436. #436camptramp2017-02-24 23:47

    Boulder Bill .

  437. #437camptramp2017-05-17 00:05

    Boulder Bill , (Gordy Isacson) Malloch Collection . 1952 Mack Kangaroo Rd. Metchosin .

  438. #438ravencrest2017-07-04 02:49
  439. #439ravencrest2017-07-04 02:52
  440. #440John Shipp2017-07-04 14:38

    Great pictures Ravencrest, do you know what year they were taken? Cheers

  441. #441ravencrest2017-07-04 22:59

    Those pictures were taken last week.The p16 is pulling highway trucks up a steep adverse.i liked them cause they look like they were taken years ago.

  442. #442diamondtguy2017-07-04 23:49

    I could be wrong but the P-16 looks to be a pre 77 small window cab yet the quality of the pic says its not a old picture.The truck and trailer look to be in great shape..

  443. #443hvy 1ton2017-07-04 23:52

    They do have a vintage feel to them, but the loader in the foreground made me think they were recent. Excellent photography either way.

  444. #444ravencrest2017-07-04 23:57
  445. #445ravencrest2017-07-05 00:02

    That picture shows the p16 pulling the highway truck a little better.they just left the loader shown below.

  446. #446ravencrest2017-07-05 00:03
  447. #447HDX2017-07-05 03:17

    This P16 looks like an ex Hayes Forest truck. They had two sister trucks just like this. Was this Gordi Neva's truck

  448. #448ravencrest2017-07-05 20:44

    It is gord Neva's truck on loan to us.

  449. #449ravencrest2017-07-05 20:48

    It's got the right colour scheme , seems to fit in.

  450. #450HDX2017-07-06 02:28

    Well at least the old girl is getting used and looked after

  451. #451ravencrest2017-07-29 02:32
  452. #452hvy 1ton2017-07-30 23:16

    I really like that lowboy.

  453. #453ravencrest2017-09-16 11:17
  454. #454John Shipp2017-09-16 12:28

    Yikes, what a great scene. Equipment looks really good.

  455. #455Birken Vogt2017-09-16 15:58

    That looks like a model setup it is so perfect.

  456. #456Niel Ferguson2022-06-29 11:15
  457. #457Niel Ferguson2022-06-29 11:17

    I was working there in 71 72. We were still using this chain driven Madill.

  458. #458Niel Ferguson2022-06-29 11:21

    I worked there in 71 72. I'd love to see pictures too.

  459. #459camptramp2022-07-04 16:38

    Malloch & Moseley had 2 or 3 P 16 Pacific's (#140 , #141 , #142 ?) at Kilbella Bay in 1979 , I believe they were moved to the Caycuse / Renfrew area when Malloch pulled out of Rivers Inlet . When Malloch & Moseley transition to Forest Land Industries , they were part of the deal . When Hayes bought out Forest Land Industries , the were part of the deal .

  460. #460Niel Ferguson2022-07-04 18:42
  461. #461Niel Ferguson2022-07-04 18:43

    We were still using the chain drive KW when I was there 71 72.

  462. #462camptramp2022-07-04 19:59

    I stand to correct myself the #140 was an 850 Kenworth . The third P16 Pacific at Kilbella Bay was a P16 Pacific #116

  463. #463Niel Ferguson2024-02-02 18:14

    I worked for Kilbella Bay logging in 1972. Thanks . This really brinks back memories.

  464. #464RedTruck11002024-08-01 21:48

    I joined this site a couple of months ago and just want to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread, my family and I really enjoyed it. We collect International Scouts & pickups, one my dad bought new from Berk's Intertruck in Nanaimo in 1974 when I was 7 years old. We have wanted a 1969-1975 D-Series Travelette crew cab for awhile now and thanks to Bill Ziesel from Shirley, B.C. for telling us about a fellow in Metchosin that has a collection of Internationals we now have a 1971 1210 Crew Cab 4x4 that was well optioned from the factory. The truck belonged to Malloch & Moseley, it was Paul Auringer's personal pickup. The truck was equipped from the factory with a 392 V8, automatic, Custom Exterior Trim, Cab Lights, Sliding Rear Window, West Coast Mirrors, Custom Interior Trim, Tinted Glass, Air Conditioning, Bucket Seats and of course power steering & brakes. The truck was repainted years ago but there are some places on the hood where the yellow paint has peeled off showing the original dark green paint below. The truck originally had the factory short bed on it that was lined with plywood but was replaced in the mid 1980s with the logging/bush box because it was in rough condition but we got the original tail gate with it that still has the plywood lining on it and the full width International trim. My oldest son, now 22, is currently restoring a 1967 IH Scout Sportop and is looking forward to doing this truck. He will keep the M&M yellow, white and green colour combination and would like to put an original IH short bed fleetside on it but is considering the logging/bush box. The truck currently has a 4L Mitsubishi turbo diesel with a 5 speed in it but he plans on putting a Cummins in it (painted beige) with an NV4500 5 speed. A set of magnetic Malloch & Moseley decals and a correct two-way radio for truck shows are also on his mind. Suggestions and opinions are welcome. Mat Qualicum Beach, B.C.

  465. #465Hank R2024-08-02 10:23

    Mat I do not know what parts you may need but in Lethbridge Alberta George Kirkham the IH dealer. He is a huge collector of IH trucks and his dealership has a big parts supply. Have a friend that is working on a 69 and early 70's 1 ton and not problems getting parts.

  466. #466RedTruck11002024-08-02 10:56

    Thanks Hank. I have bought some parts from George's Southland International in Lethbridge, they are very helpful and good to deal with. I see you are in Princeton. I picked up a '74 IH 4x4 from Jim Hodges last summer, it had been parked along the back row of his yard for many years. Mat

  467. #467Hank R2024-08-02 11:08

    I can see Jim's yard from my house. My friend has his shop and IH trucks across from school bus yard.

  468. #468RedTruck11002024-08-02 11:13

    Is this your friends truck a white 1974 500 Series? My son spotted it when we were in Princeton last May. Looks like a solid truck.

  469. #469Hank R2024-08-02 11:15

    Yes and he just picked up a 69 Parts truck

  470. #470RedTruck11002024-08-02 11:23

    I am going to be in Princeton next week and have some D-Series parts. I will send you a DM with my contact info. so you can pass it on to him, maybe I have something he needs.

  471. #471RedTruck11002024-08-17 14:29

    camptramp posted a picture of Bill Malloch's 1971 International crew cab pickup on page 9 of this thread, I have posted it again below. If you look closely there is a dent in the rocker panel just below the front edge of the passenger door. The truck we recently purchased has the same dent that was repaired with body filler (2nd & 3rd pictures). This appears to be the same truck that was originally Bill Malloch's then later on Paul Auringer ended up with it.

  472. #472Rayonier BC2024-10-19 00:48

    My father worker for Billy Malloch and Des Mosley logging..in Rivers inlet in the 60's and very early 70's up the inlet..1974. My parents lived in a old federal Fisheries cabin on a creek that flowed into the inlet...my dad and mom pregnant with me. Nearly died when there cabin burned down..my dad drove his small skiff..in 15 foot waves up the inlet to the Indian Reservation..with me and my mom and dogs cats. The Johnson family..Frank and Alvena and Charlie etc took them in ...

  473. #473Niel Ferguson2024-10-19 14:08

    I was there when they were still using it. Niel Ferguson

  474. #474RedTruck11002024-10-25 15:42

    I found this hat/jacket patch on ebay, a fellow in Tacoma, Wa. had it.

  475. #475RedTruck11002024-11-04 16:38

    A big thank you to ih8mud.com member mrsleeve and to those who own and/or run that website. I used my signature to advertise that I was looking for a 1969-1975 International short fleetside bed with or without a tailgate for our 1971 International Travelette 4x4 and mrsleeve connected us with his buddy Kevin in NW Montana that had one. We picked up the bed on Saturday, Nov. 2nd and just mounted it on the truck this morning. It was a pleasure meeting Kevin and his friends Ron & John who helped load the bed onto our trailer. It was hard to find a good bed for an International pickup 40 years ago and to find one today without having to buy a whole truck is amazing.

  476. #476RedTruck11002025-06-20 19:10

    If any of you would like one of those Malloch & Moseley Logging hat/jacket patches there is someone on eBay in New Jersey that has 15 of them that came from a collection from a Canadian Patch Manufacturer that was in business from the 1960s to the early 1990s. Here's a link to the eBay auction: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/13582967654...31PF3E&hash=item1fa0146200:g:GkEAAOSw1hJoLPuU