We have a Cat RM500 that the water pump didn't get drained and it froze Cat wants 10,000 dollars for complete pump and they don't bread it down into just the housing! Gorman Rupp is 4 weeks out! Would I have any luck at welding it back together I have all the pieces if I could get to it all. How much strength issues would I have with it would that be a problem?
Weld it,,,, what do you have to lose? I think a nickel rod would be the best, but there are others here more knowledgeable than me in that regards.
thanks gramps I realized that to and I went to fix it and I tapped on pieces with hammer and they all come apart so now its like putting a puzzle together trying to get it all to fit right! If I lived in mn I would have to have drains in everything like I should have and I wouldn't be able to run this machine from November to april! LOL:falldownlaugh