Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rock breaker

Maola ยท 2012-10-22 21:46

what is the best make of breaker / hammer for a 12000lb machine ????

Replies9
  1. #1willie592012-10-22 22:07

    When you use the term "best", always hard to define, it's like asking which is best, Cat, Deere, Komatsu, etc. Opinions abound. What would I put at the top of the list? Rammer, Atlas-Copco, NPK, just to note a few.

  2. #2RollOver Pete2012-10-23 20:14

    Can a 12000 lb machine break rocks? :stirthepot Surestrike... if you could pick it up.... http://youtu.be/jmp9U73Q9mc

  3. #3denver m farms2012-10-23 20:47

    I have ran or owned probably 10 diffrent breakers and my favorites would be npk kent okada and atlas copco.I would say that the npk is the best one if if it breaks and you have to work on it.

  4. #4JNB2012-10-23 20:51

    One word....WOW

  5. #5rabia2012-11-07 06:56

    Any Product which fulfills your demands is best for you. Different people have different opinions. In my point of view NPK and Atlas are good one.

  6. #6John C.2012-11-07 20:33

    Rock is a pretty general term. I've put breakers on 20 ton excavators just knowing that was going to be the way to bust up sand stone. I was wiping the egg off my face for a long time after that. Breakers are made for handling concrete. Concrete for the most part is no where near as hard or tough as many types of rock.

  7. #7caterpillarmech2012-11-08 05:05

    NPK are good hammers and user/mechanic friendly. The New Cat hammers are good as well but are enclosed so more difficult to repair.

  8. #8DavidSA2012-11-18 18:54

    Furukawa Breakers!!!

  9. #9SVIPD2012-11-19 08:52

    I like the Tramac, they are easy to repair and dont constantly have to refill every time you use it.