Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rock Creek Ranch 2007

hvy 1ton ยท 2008-01-18 14:46

Here are some pictures from round baling brome and alfalfa this summer. Been woking on the ranch most of my life. Last two years i was my show to run, but now i'm just the back-up guy most of the year, college take to much time. You'd think as long as i've been doing this I wouldn't be allergic to hay pollen

Replies18
  1. #1Woodstock2008-01-18 18:19

    What tractors do you have? I'm guessing a 2750 and a 6410, 704 wheel rake, and a 435 round baler.

  2. #2joedirt2008-01-18 18:50

    Cool Pics Hvy 1ton. I've always wanted to try my hand at some farm work..

  3. #3bobcat ron2008-01-18 22:21

    I knew there was a section missing here on HEF dedicated to all my fellow "cow people".

  4. #4newbie2008-01-20 01:06

    I concur! Tryed my hand at the yellow equipment for a little while, and I was back on the farm 2 months later. I guess you can take the boy off the farm but not the farm out of a boy. Nice looking operation you got there Hvy1ton.

  5. #5nedly052008-01-20 07:10

    You ever see any big bucks hangin around them alfalfa fields???

  6. #6hvy 1ton2008-01-21 22:02

    Woodstock, you go everything right except the 2 wheeler is a 2755. And there are always big bucks between the alfalfa and native grass fields.

  7. #7hvy 1ton2008-01-24 15:12

    Pictures aren't of my equipment JD 7630, Hesston 15' hydroswing, Heston 3x4 baler

  8. #8hvy 1ton2008-01-24 15:14

    Some pictures of them hauling some hay on a 5th wheel gooseneck

  9. #9Jon B2008-03-02 17:01

    Those pictures are of JoshA's - he's lurking on this board too now

  10. #10hvy 1ton2008-03-02 19:33

    Somehow Josh A's pictures wound up in the folder that's supposed to be of my cousins farm in Garnett, KS. I meant to post pics of my cousins stuff but when i got a new computer i most have misplaced them.

  11. #11hvy 1ton2008-05-16 20:20

    Gravel Had 3 loads of gravel delivered today. For paying taxes every year the township will haul three loads of gravel at cost, free trucking. So it was time to hook up the shop built box blade to the 6400. These two i'm waiting for the last load First drive spread by the trucks Second spread Final load spread Now the fun begins

  12. #12hvy 1ton2008-05-16 20:31

    The dump truck hit the pine in the last picture with the bed. Another 4" and it would have hit the trunk squarely. I tried to take video, but my dad's D80 is way more complicated than my S3. Getting to work Moving some gravel Big blade full rolling Doesn't look like muck Getting better

  13. #13hvy 1ton2008-05-16 20:45

    Looking good Back round again Done with gravel for now

  14. #14bear2008-05-16 23:55

    That's a good deal with the gravel. here they just want the money and don't come back till you pay more. nice job with the grader box and the box looks good too. I need to build one myself for the odd times i go get gravel.

  15. #15BUTCH12008-11-10 23:51

    love the green

  16. #16hvy 1ton2009-04-16 21:26

    Well not much to post from last summer. Between summer math class and the amount of work we do at night anymore there wasn't much opportunity. I made up for with pics of the 650 working on the KU "tunnels", right? Well any way my neighbor called yesterday, wants me to help with her erosion problem. Well since all her dirt is running into my pond i'm happy to oblige, plus she pays costs and i get a few cheese cakes out of the deal.:cool2 I'm gonna put a thread in the general industry questions section and then once i get started i'll throw up some pics. I can't guarantee everything will be green though.

  17. #17hvy 1ton2009-05-30 03:07

    I started today, everybody else around here started yesterday, i like being different. Had to unhook the brushhog, hookup the box blade and load the spike in the bucket. Too much labor for 93* and 35% humidity, really made me wish i cut hay yesterday. From cut to raked in less than 24hrs in heavy grass hay. I got a few pics today, but left the camera in the cab. Should be fun a summer cut a bunch of hay, keep the neighbors "field" from sliting in my pond, fix a leaking pond, build some fence, and maybe clear a couple new fields if i get really motivated. Oh, and rebuild my recently washed out roads with a box blade and bucket.

  18. #18hvy 1ton2009-09-03 00:34

    Well i got most of that done, can't say i took many pictures. Also helped my buddy who's basement flooded this spring. Had to dig to below the foundation, and under the a/c unit and fill it all back up with rock. Plus a bunch of hand digging since the service gas line was less than 6in away for 10'+. 40 tons of dirt out and rock in ; i just do what i'm told. The drain was either plugged or crushed almost the whole length, replaced it with triple wall perf pipe. One of the Bohmann excavating guys did the operating and i did a lot of grade checking and grunt work. Too bad he boss wasn't around to ok me running the S300, would have made moving all that dirt from the trench to the dump truck a little quicker , but everyone needs a vacation now and then. On a side note, i'll make up for the lack of picture here in a week or too. I'll just have my friend travis take them, it's not like he does work anyway.:lmao