Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Roddyo’s Hot Tool Extravanganza

roddyo ยท 2015-10-08 23:20

I'm always on the lookout for tool sales and bargains. If there's any interest I'll keep posting links of things that trip my trigger Today's winner: Trusty Cook Dead Blow Hammers. http://www.trustyhammers.com 25% off Sledge hammers thru the end of the month. 20% off Green hammers for another week or so. The discount codes are on the home page.

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2015-10-08 23:44

    Excellent tools. Rebranded by many companies

  2. #2simonsrplant2015-10-09 00:38

    First off, I'm not bad mouthing the hammers... They are probably great... I just don't get them? Clearly I am missing something here? I had an old wooden handled copper and rawhide hammer for hitting things I didn't want to hurt... Really miss it. Bought one of these plastic units (off the snap on truck) after being promised I'd love it. What is it that I have not yet figured out? Or am I just being old fashioned?

  3. #3roddyo2015-10-09 21:32

    We had a dead blow hammer at the shop in the past and it was great under certain circumstances. It hit with a THUD, almost no bounce. It finally caved in to the abuse. Cold weather is what got it. If I was up north, I would proceed with caution. Trusty Cook is a USA made tool that is/was an OEM supplier for a lot of different brands. The dead blow ball peen is what trips my trigger. If anyone is old fashioned and think we are completely over thinking a piece of metal on the end of a stick, that's the perfect Segway into the Harbor Freight Coupon Database http://www.hfqpdb.com

  4. #4ScottAR2015-10-10 01:14

    A dead blow mallet can be handy for knocking sticky bits together or apart. They put more mass on target than say a rubber mallet. One I wish I still had was made by another maker. It was just the head with no handle... very handy for bonking on something especially in a tight spot. There's probably a dozen hammers around the place.... all have a job they are good for.