Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

roller problem

cheyenne ยท 2011-09-27 19:57

I'm putting new rubber tracks on my Kobelco SK045 & I noticed that some of the rollers are stiff & some won't turn...The rollers have very little wear.......Is there a way to grease them & get them rolling......

Replies3
  1. #1willie592011-09-27 20:46

    A good bottom roller should be snug to turn by hand, that means the seals and bushings are good and tight. When they get real loose and sloppy is when you have problems.

  2. #2cheyenne2011-09-28 22:15

    Willie.....Thank You for your response.......Before I put the new tracks on I put her up on blocks and put a C clamp on the rollers & got them all turning....No slop, nice & tight, Then I put the new tracks on with the help of Skippy Skid steer, took her for a ride & everything is perfect......Only took me an hour by myself.......Again thank you, you made my day & eased my mind.........

  3. #3willie592011-09-28 22:19

    You're welcome cheyenne. And...welcome to the forum. :usa