I have been pondering about whether a roll off truck would do good on a farm. What I would do is let an empty bin off in the field and then go to the other bin which the combine would have filled already and while I took that one to the grainery or the elevator, the combine would fill the bin I just let off. Then when I come back, I would let the empty bin off to be filled and pick up the one that is now full. I hope I didn't confuse you too much there. How long does it take to pick up and let off a bin? Can you lift the hoist but not let the bin off so you could put a grain door on it and dump into an auger or does it come off automatically when you lift the hoist? And lastly would this be a good efficient way to truck grain short distances (no more than 15 miles one way, I would have more than 2 bins, maybe 4)or would this be a not so good idea? Any responses are much appreciated.
Idont think youll get a bin big enough to get enough bushels in. I think your better off buying a semi and a decent grain cart
Id like those too but cant afford them for only 400 acres
A hooklift would probly be better since you can swap containers quicker. You can run 50Cy box but they are pretty tall.
I'm verye interested in a truck like this. I'm looking into writting a business plan and see some prices on these trucks. Does anyone know about how much a truck like this goes for? How much you charge a customer? Thanks for any info!!
I know nothing about how bins work, but being a farmer myself, the first thought that came to mind was- can you load one on the truck without it tipping at all? The way I fill boxes from the combine, it wouldn't take much of an angle to make the grain start to run out. Paul