Just a question for you guys do y'all think my rAke is to far low below my cutting edge? I am sure some of you old seasoned operators could help out. Thanks for you help!
How deep are you wanting to rake? That looks 6"+ longer than I've seen, but I'm hardly knowledgable on the subject.
No its not too low if you can get on and off your piles. The longer the better for cleaning the wood. IMO.
Did you build the rake or buy? Keep thinking that's just what I'd like to have. I'm sure it will work as is.....looks like it could have been a couple of inches higher and not lost any depth since the box tube is below the cutting edge about that far.
Your end bits are up side down or rather on the wrong side.
How is the machine for balance? Looks front end heavy. Wondering how it will back by when the front is down in a bit. Counterweight?
Looks good. Should keep your piles cleaner that way.
There's a reason they cut a curve on the backside of those tines, it's supposed to be mounted high enough so the curve on the backside finds some support from the blade. Not to be critical but it looks to me like if you get into anything heavy, big root, rock, etc, you might just pop the cutting edge(s) right off at the bolts. YMMV......
That would depend on what type of ground,and what type of timber roots you are working with ?
Iantraxzco, exactly right,territory unknown, ? that looks like really stalling, or snap off depth for that setting,depending on roots and ground and machine.
I have been running like this for a while. Just when u have the blade raised u don't have much clearance. I kinda thought the same thing about the tines being to low and not matching the curve of the blade. Another problem I have is when I have the rake down it will slide out and slam the front end down if you are not careful. So y'all think I should raise it up a few inches. I bought this from rake sales in liberty tx.as far as counter weight you defiantly know that it is all on the front when your working it but it does not raise the backend up or anything. It is a pretty stout machine I have pushed 18" to 20" oaks and pines out with one push no problem. I use the machine in my farm and ranch business to clear and rake small tracks of land and whatever else they need. I get $85 an hr around here. And yes I also know that my cutting edge is upside down just trying to buy time before replacing them just like my pads I need to buy new ones but looking used ones I can add grouser bar to build back up. I am trying to get my business rolling. Thanks for everybody's replays
Height and or depth depending who you speak too is terrain, or soil and machine defendant....looks front heavy and probably out of balance....much to deep for Texas...everyone knows everything is bigger in Texas with the exception of roots....
...
If you really want an 'official answer' call an OEM who makes root rakes, tell them you have their model xyz and you want to know how much of the tine should below the cutting edge on your Dx. At first look, it looks like too much tine but it's a small machine so it throws the comparison off and the width of the blade is relatively small. If you aren't having any problems pushing with it buried then it isn't too low.
Why the ? Blade and cutting bars are polished to near new shine; must be working ok as it is where is.has been working
The bottom of your cutting edge should be even with the bottom of the square tubing that all I do is cut timber with vblade and rake it up looks about right to me and the end but question yes they are on the wrong side because he flipped them over