I know the rotary manifold on my 892 is leaking water into the tub. I’m looking to repair it and was wondering if anyone has a service manual for sale or could copy the required section for me to use in this repair. My plan is to remove the manifold and rebuild it while I’m at it as the machine has a number of hours on it and does track to one side a bit and there are some oil leaks. Sorry I don’t have a serial number at hand. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, John
Can't help but I'm sure a S/N will be a good idea to put in the thread. Hate to say it but right off the top of my head had no idea what a 892D LC was! I now know it's a John Deere Excavator! Not sure if this will help but found a parts breakdown online: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/57949/referrer/search/pgId/514760
If you're getting water into the tub the rubber seal around the rotary manifold must be compromised, clean the drain holes under the boom cyl pin bosses (corners) also its good practice to park the machine with the front slightly down hill, that way the water drains instead of pooling around the manifold seal. I've got the manuals, my scanner is down but I'll take pics
There is no way that a leaking rotary manifold will let water into the tub area. If it is leaking you can get hydraulic oil in there but not water. There is a fairly large rubber piece that fits around the manifold, check to make sure it is not cracked. There is a raised lip on the floor area around the manifold, make sure the rubber fits down over that lip. I've used a little silicone to help seal it. There are also drain holes in the carbody that need to be kept clean. Standing in front of the machine, look down at the base of the boom cylinders, there's a upright piece right behind the cylinders that has a small 1/4 round hole in it. If you keep your cylinders greased these holes will eventually plug up with grease. They need to be kept clean so no water can set on the floor. Also, if you are parking the machine in rainy weather, park it so the boom end is tilted down allowing the water to drain.
You beat me to it Greg.
I got the order messed up but hopefully you can get what you need from the pictures, let me know if you need anything else, one day I'll get around to creating a PDF out of these manuals...
My 892E leaked water and such into the tub and as the others said, its the rubber seal. What I found was mine was no longer fastened over the lip and was just setting in there. I cleaned out around the lip and reattached the seal (mine wasn’t broken). If you need to clean out the old grease and water out of the tub, this method worked really well. (Now, I did have my swing gearbox out at the time, but it would not be necessary). To clean out the water and grease, remove the drain cover up inside the car body, place large bucket under drain. Then I tarped in the bottom of the car body/tracks and turned on a large heater that blew hot air under the car body, thus melting the ice (it was cold out) and grease, this cleaned it out really well. Then I refilled with new grease. Just how it worked for me. If the grease is ok, you can possibly just drain the water off.... but mine needed changed.
Thanks guys have been trying to keep drains and machine clean and inclined properly but water is water and seems to get in no matter what. Will look into the upper rubber seal when I get home from Arizona and it warms up enough to get to work on it. Thanks GregsHD for the pics. When I get going on it I’m sure to have some additional questions. Thanks again, John