Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rotary Manifold or travel motor?

KellyWagner ยท 2014-05-10 01:29

Got my 1990 deere 70d. When traveking the left track has a wee bit less power but when cold and turning the machine it has power. When hot like after 2 or 3 hours no power at all unless I move both tracks? Manifold or travel motor? Going to rig up a pressure Guage once my basement is done. Hope its not travel motor I hear thats terminal.

Replies3
  1. #1Bob/Ont2014-05-10 08:49

    Sounds like swivel/rotary manifold. Later Bob

  2. #2ddigger2014-05-10 12:03

    I agree with Bob.

  3. #3John C.2014-05-10 12:39

    Sometimes on certain machines the weak travel will only be on one side in one direction or it might change side in the reverse direction. I would suggest checking that before anything else. That usually would be proof of a bad seals in the swivel. You should probably do cycle time time tests on the rest of the functions. The list of culprits start at the swivel, possibly a weak motor and maybe a weak pump if your machine has more that one. A weak pump will affect other functions and slow the cycle times. Good Luck!