Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rotary manifold removal and rebuild Deere 160 LC

cknox88 ยท 2014-08-27 14:26

Hey guys, I'm pretty green in the heavy equiptment side of things, I had a Deere tech look at this unit and he says I need to reseal the rotary manifold. So I have all my seals in hand and am going to be starting on this tomorrow. Just looking for any tips/tricks/ things to look out for when doing this. As this will be my first time. Thanks for any input!

Replies1
  1. #1dieseldog5.92014-08-27 19:19

    It helps to have some caps and plugs to keep from draining the hydraulic system, the small line is the case drain and connects to the hydraulic tank directly and will continue to leak unless capped. Also lubing the seals with hydraulic oil or petroleum jelly when assembling manifold helps. It's a good time to make sure grease bath for swing gear is free of water