Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rotator quick connect?

MattB · 2013-01-03 19:34

I'm looking at buying two attachments for a big tree removal contract. One is a log grapple the other is a "woodcracker" for breaking down over sized logs. I'll be using a 12 ton excavator. Both attachments need a heavy duty rotator but it seems like a waste to buy two rotators. Has anyone here ever set up a quick connect system under a rotator? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1smartbase2013-01-04 11:19

    Well, You should look for this site: http://www.engcon.se/english/products.4.49f9501011c3ec1398b800036090.html Lots of attachments and a tiltrotators (with integrated grab), what you need! When i rememeber it correctly, then it was about 15-17 000 € for 21 t excavator, whole thing (joystick, lines, hydraulics etc.) Contact them and ask a best solution for yourself! For videos check out Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/engcondotcom

  2. #2Per Eriksson2013-01-04 16:12

    Engcon also sells it just as a rotator with no tilt but that's just plain silly, it is exactly the same dimensions as the full monty and almost the same price but only half the versatilty..... You also have www.indexator.se and www.smpparts.se With a 12 ton machine you won't be able to break these.

  3. #3MattB2013-01-04 20:21

    I had no idea these tilting rotators even existed. I especially liked the engcon quick coupler that automatically connects the live hydraulics. I may be asking for too much all at once. These look like very sophisticated and expensive tools. I think I'll end up dropping the extra $4000 on a second rotator for the attachment and upgrade to a fancy hydraulic quick connect system later. Looks like no matter what I buy I'm going to need to get out of the Cat to do the change. The grapple I'm looking at comes with a hydraulic chainsaw running 55 gpm. All of the hands free hydraulic couplers I've found, even the ones that run live hydraulics, only work with low flow attachments.

  4. #4Per Eriksson2013-01-05 13:31

    These have become popular with demolition contractors http://www.oilquick.com/Products.htm They run them with hammers, shears and grapples, even fitting them onto machines as the connection used for switching between different length booms and such.

  5. #5MattB2013-01-05 16:31

    Eriksson...this is exactly what I was looking for. I knew something like this had to exist. Thanks

  6. #6dig-it2013-01-07 09:48

    Hey, engcon also have these types of quick hitches. http://www.engcon.se/english/produc...s/eco45eco60.4.713efd28123a1838e5a800064.html