I pick up a gallon here and there from time to time. A month ago I picked up a gallon for 17.50 plus tax. Then about a week ago I picked up a gallon at O'reilly's for 17.99. The first gallon came from NAPA. Yesterday I changed oils in my pickup and dozer. Travelled to WAlmart picked up 2 , 5 gallon pails for a per gallon price of 12.78. I did have to drive 16 miles round trip to Walmart but I saved over 50$ on the oil , and picked up the latest Guns and Ammo magazine. I'm not a big Walmart fan , but what else should you do. What prices are any of you seeing for oil. I don't need to buy in bulk or even a 50 gallon drum. Maybe a 30 gallon drum would do me 6 months plus. I thought 5$ difference was rediculous.
I get my oil at Walmart for the same reason, Mobile 1 full synthetic is about 30% cheaper when you buy it by the gallon at Walmart. You could try calling your local Shell distributor and see what they would charge you for a keg
Lately it has been cheaper at Wally World than it is in bulk at the oil distributer. That will make you scratch your head.
Walmart and Sam's Club are probably the best places for lubricants as far as price is concerned
If you have Carquest in your area they are selling rotella by the gallon at 12.59 per. Killer deal I bought 4 cases
i just bought 15 gallons a walmart for 13.32 a gallon, our local tractor supply has it in 5 gallon buckets and they go on sale every 2 months or so for 69.50 (13.90 per gallon). i was getting my rotella from them when it went on sale. but wally world has it cheap all the time and i have gotton sick of fighting with the 5 gallon buckets and trying to figure out how many gallons i have added.
The local Cat dealer sells their brand 15-40 for $58.12 a bucket, $11.62 per gallon plus tax but they don't sell single gallons. It's formulated to Cat specs and what I have been using in the yellow iron for years. Wally World sells Delo 400 for $13 +/- a gallon.
CM That is rare, to find a best price deal at a Cat dealer.
Jerry I can also buy Lucas fuel treatment at the cat dealer cheaper than wally world as well. :beatsme The quart sized bottle is $11.99 at ww it's $13.99. So I buy most of my lubricants from the cat dealer. Their filter prices are still a little higher but I still stick with cat filters.
I used to work for a Mobil / Exxon oil distributor, At that time, walmart was selling oil off their shelves cheaper than we could buy it from the refinery without freight costs added. go figure? IMHO I think walmart will be the death of this country with it's business tactics . Local five and dime stores were the first victims ,then local grocery stores ,then local hardware stores ,when it all ends, the only thing left will be in Bentonville, and that will be local to none. try to get service on anything you buy there. sorry for my soapbox ,it is only my opinion