Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rototilt hydraulic feed

tarsolyattila19 ยท 2023-12-28 16:43

Hi. I have a Terex tw85 wheeled excavator and i build a tilt rotator and i need an extra hydraulic line to feed the rotator. I have the tilt line , that is on my right joystick. I have the same buttons on the left joystick but there isn't any other hydraulic hose what goes to the bucket. I have drawings of the electricity and the hydraulic lines , i post it below. How should i build the new line to the rotator?I want to rotate and tilt at the same time so i dont want to share one line with another.

Replies14
  1. #1uffex2023-12-29 04:10

    Good day I suggest you will have to compromise at some point. What flow and pressure do you need for the rotation? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2tarsolyattila192023-12-29 04:13

    Hi , it says 10liter/min and 140 bar

  3. #3uffex2023-12-29 04:18

    Good day That is very low flow for the main system although the pressure is moderate for a gear pump. Is there any protection for the rotation circuit -cross line reliefe valves? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4tarsolyattila192023-12-29 04:36

    There is another description which says 50-69liter/ min. The post #1 1st picture is the only drawings i have. Where shoud i have to find it?

  5. #5tarsolyattila192023-12-29 06:28

    In the first picture there is a valve what i can control on my right joystick. It is the tilt funktion

  6. #6uffex2023-12-29 06:30

    Good day According to the schematic you have a small gear pump (14) running at 150bar it is possible to use for rotation with a suitable solenoid valve. I cannot see the complete spec. or lines that are connected. Do you have a PDF manula you can post? Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7tarsolyattila192023-12-29 07:15

    I havent't got but there is a previous post where i found the same like mine but it has a 2nd circuit , i paint there a red narrow that is the last part what i dont have in my excavator. (option : 2nd control circuit)

  8. #8uffex2023-12-29 10:28

    Good day I have looked at the hydraulic schematic, the option you point out is part of a sandwich valve block. As I see your options are to rebuild the valve block with the additional segment, you would need to connect the valve with a pilot of some description or you could buy a six/two valve and use one of the existing circuits. This would need a relay & switch with wiring.Which you choose is which ever presents the easier option. Hope this is helpful Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9tarsolyattila192023-12-29 15:35

    I think the 6/2 valve will be easiser to build in. There is some funktion in my excavator that if i press the pedal it moves A and if i press a button somewhere the same pedal moves B. Is it possible if i share with the 6/2 on my tilt line (right joystick ) , and if i press the left josytick buttons it will rotate? I dont want to tilt and rotate with the same joystick

  10. #10uffex2023-12-30 04:57

    Good day I will put some information together for you, it may take a little time. The normal way to split a circuit is as you outline. The switching is optional 1/ Momentary will rotate while you hold the button down and use the borrowed circuit. 2/ Latching the circuit will operate when you press the button once and operate the borrowed circuit and press again to switch back to the default. 3/ Use a two position rocker switch to choose between default and borrowed circuit. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11uffex2023-12-30 11:58

    Good day The information attached should be regarded as a guide,.If you have a good supplier in the neighborhood, by all means present him with the information and enlist local support. I have not taken into account any requirements of the rotation device as I have no information. I have listed some parts which you many not require.Take care and good luck. Kind regards Uffex

  12. #12tarsolyattila192023-12-30 15:47

    Thank you a lot. So i will be use a 6/2 valve. Default is right joystick tilt funktion left-right. Borrowed is left joystick rotate left-right. Is it possible to make the switch wiring like if i just push the button A or B on the left joystick itt will rotate and if i just push the A or B on the right joystick itt will tilt? Dont use any other button to switch the lines just the ones what is the moving direction for? So i let go the ability to rotating and tilting at the same time but it should be so good if i dont have to switch switches to change lines just push the buttons which i would like to use.

  13. #13tarsolyattila192023-12-30 15:47
  14. #14uffex2023-12-31 11:50

    Good day Your request is more appropriate to proportional control much more expensive requiring an electronic control unit. The results are unlikely to produce more precise than that we have already outlined. Operating the rotation with button right & left will be On-Off not the best for precise control, I am not sure what skill sets you have, to explore more complex controls may require higher knowledge and support I can offer. Kind regards Uffex