Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rottne Forwarder turntable bolt replacement.

Deere456 ยท 2016-10-20 00:16

I'm still not sure of the exact model of the machine but i'll know shortly. I've got to replace the turn table bolts where the rotation shaft and the crane pillar bolt to the turn table bearing. As best as I can figure, the best way to do it is to disconnect the lift arm from the top of the pillar and then unbolt the turn table bearing. Then lift the whole pillar and bearing out of the revolving house and lay it down, replace the bolts and re-install it in the same position it came out of. As for lifting the rotating shaft out of the house, I plan to just remove and install it as straight with alot of assembly grease because there looks to be a rack it needs to mesh with as well as a bearing and a seal to slide it into. Any thoughts? For the pin that connects the pillar to the lift arm, it's got a GUK-13 locking nut on it I believe. How much torque are they supposed to be tightened to roughly? I'm going to have to get a tool for it and most of the ones I've seen for that style have been for lower torque applications on bearings and such so I just don't want to break the tool.

Replies0

No replies yet.