Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

RT755 slip ring tower

TVA · 2023-08-27 00:38

Can someone help me with the slip ring tower wiring diagram on RT755? Went to rebuild the pneumatic swivel, half of the wires had the labels fallen off of them, colors faded out. I did my best to renew the labels on the ones that was barely hanging out before I pull the whole thing off. Looks like they were cut a few times before, they were connected by crimped splice - now the wires that going to slip rings are too short, o am going to have to extend them now, to reconnect. There’s few if the splices that had three wires in it ( I think 13 and 15, not sure of the other). Thanks in advance!

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2023-08-27 08:53

    Grove dealer should have that in their files. If not, the books have the wiring diagrams in them. If you don't have the books, I would hop on ebay and get them, they are excellent parts and service manuals. I don't think I have a 755 in my book collection, but I'll look later today. 1981 Grove Mobile Hydraulic Crane RT755 Service Manual / Operator Handbook | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1981 Grove Mobile Hydraulic Crane RT755 Service Manual / Operator Handbook at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  2. #2crane operator2023-08-27 08:54

    GROVE RT755 CRANE PARTS BOOK CATALOG MANUAL BOOK | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for GROVE RT755 CRANE PARTS BOOK CATALOG MANUAL BOOK at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  3. #3TVA2023-08-27 08:57

    Thank you sir! I am kinda under time restraints, looking for help with a diagram in electronic format. It’ll take a while for that paperback to get here.

  4. #4crane operator2023-08-27 12:22

    A grove dealer is going to be your best bet. I would have probably just put my own numbers on both wires before unwiring it, where there weren't factory numbers. But it looks like that ship has sailed.

  5. #5TVA2023-08-27 12:24

    I did my best. I actually marked two pairs with A and B that didn’t have anything on them. I’ll try local dealer, but I don’t have big hopes for it.

  6. #6TVA2023-08-27 14:53

    That’s what I decided to do about short wires. I think it might be better than extending with the piece of wire of different color with crimped sleeve and heat shrink.