Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubber Gromets

orville ยท 2010-12-19 17:18

Does anyone on here know where you can buy rubber gromets like the one pictured here? The tubeing hole is one inch and the width between shoulders is inch and a half. This is the rubber to hold the steel hydraulic tubeing to the boom section. I thought these would be used by a lot of excavator builders and be plentiful, but I have hit dead ends so far. For now I Have cut heavy rubber and wraped it around the tubeing.

Replies7
  1. #1Lee-online2010-12-19 17:31

    Cat uses them of all different sizes.

  2. #2RobVG2010-12-19 17:42

    You should be able to find them at your nearest Parker hydraulics store or local hose shop. I prefer a "Bollenger clamp"- don't know how to spell it. Plastic 'bushings' surround the tube. You tack weld the base of the clamp onto the stick or boom and it acts as a weld nut. They work sweet.

  3. #3tylermckee2010-12-19 18:16

    Like these? http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/BE...gle Base-_-Plumbing-_-Pipe and Tubing-_-4WFL4

  4. #4RobVG2010-12-19 18:24

    Yep, those are them. I didn't know you could get them at Grainger's. - Cool Edit: They didn't used to be that expensive

  5. #5tylermckee2010-12-19 20:08

    They have some in the ~3-5 dollar range too, that link was just the first one i saw from a google search

  6. #6orville2010-12-20 07:04

    I did not know I would have a problem finding the gromets. If I did know I should have asked you guys first then welded on new pieces before I painted the boom and dipper. I will check Cat and see what they have. Thanks

  7. #7MR. KOBELCO2011-01-16 00:28

    hi orville, all the current full size kobelco mark 8's are using these grommets. you can purchase from either a new holland ce dealer or kobelco dealer.