Rubber-tired Excavators don't seem to very popular around here(talking about m318, 595d, ew180' 1085's, 1285's, drott's) you know what I'm talking about, great all-around machines. No one ever seems to talk about them much on here, they need love to ya know...
If you find 595d just let know me know, we like this machine also 495d as well
Hi bigshow, I happen to pop in and see how things are going and low and behold somebody is talking about the best machine in the industry Maybe you are looking under the wrong name. Try a duck hunt Happy new year to all the folk I havent managed to catch throughout the year. Hope you have a good 2012. :beerchug
Talk about the ghost of Christmas Past! How are you, Rob? I've missed your posts here. Happy New Year to you!
You are too kind :notworthy I really must get in and update a few things. Changed the machine this year, still Atlas but in new livery, a 150W. Dont need the hi speed gearbox so dont need the 6cy eng so dont need a 160W so save some pennies A very Happy New Year to you too :beerchug
Glad to see I am not the only one on here that loves the machine you call a "duck" ,(where did that name come from?) Anyways, that is a nice unit you got there, I am assuming it is yours?, I currently am in the heated/cooled seat of an m 318d, ran many different kinds when no one else wanted to and realized between "ducks", graders, and pavers a hand can stay as busy as he ever wanted to be. Wish I had some pics of the 'ol girl, she sure is purddddy. Happy new years.
There was alot of cruz-air in NC years ago, the ncdot had it's share of the drott40's,1085/86 b/c's then a few badgers showed for awhile but seeing fewer and fewer, I liked the units once getting to run them, it's a love or hate with rubber tire machines, switching from a track machine to gradall on a carrier then back they all act differant doing the many tasks they do. The city here had a poclain when i moved here in 87, but replaced it with a jd tired unit, some cats around here also. I think badger bought the rites to the drott/case cruz-air line and sell it to rail and construction, looks almost like the 1085c case rebadged. Nice pic's on the duck links.
Bigshow: Do a search in the forum for tiltrotators. There are seven threads that have potential wheeled excavator information just in that one search. :woohoo
I use a m318C cleaning out ditches. Great machine! Lots of power! Expensive though.
in the UK 360 excavators on rubbers are known as " Rubber Ducks " The Atlas seems to be the top machine, they are used a lot on rail work
rubber duck This is my first post i was looking trough the forum and i was delighed to see something on rubber ducks I have operated atlas excavators for 30 plus years mostly on city streets in and around Dublin Ireland. In my view they are a very versitile machine .