Any secrets on installation of rubber track... Have had to do one this week and took a while, but we think maybe a wheel was to big. Other than that any secrets on installation.
Catpower277 Hey Man, Ya there's is a trick. #1. Lower the top roller assembly the one that holds your tension. #2. Remove the track table bolts and slide the table foward as far as it can. #3. witch is not in the book, Remove you squrile cage and mounting plate.(do not remove the bering plate) I have a 277 as well. I made the mistake on coming off a transition and rolled the track to the inside. Well it took me about 1.5 hrs total job. :thumbsup :thumbsup
I have a 277 as well and I need to replace the tracks, but since I am reselling I can not aford to buy them for the regular price. Is there any place that I can get semi new tracks? Or cheap tracks?
Whenever we install tracks on the 277 we always unbolt the squirrel cage and move it to the side. Don't disconnect the hoses. Line up the new track onto the machine then slide the squirrel cage back into place. You will have to turn the adjuster all the way in then mount it back onto the squirrel cage and adjust the track until the bolts line up. You will need a pry bar to move the cage into the correct place. We have replaced a lot of tracks and we have tried different methods and this is the easiest and fastest way we have found.
I have a 277 as well and I need to replace the tracks, but since I am reselling I can not aford to buy them for the regular price. Is there any place you know about that I can get semi new tracks? Or cheap tracks?
hope this is a cat excavator ! first clean down the track frame with a steam cleaner [hot power washer] if you have one ,if not. clean the trac as best you can with a track clearence shovel or bar then blow the debris off the frame with compresed air, open up the track adjuster cover usualy a 9/16wrench slacken off the grease valve 7/8 or 15/16 wrench[ getting old now forgetting my sizes], get a railway sleeper diameter peice off timber that you can handle put the machine in low idle. place the timber in the sprocket engaging between the trac and the sprocket track the machine back . the idler will retract and you are ready to remove the track get the joining link half way up the idler and remove the 4 bolts WATCH WHAT YOU ARE DOING NOW AS THIS CAN BE A HARD LESSON WHEN THE BOTTOM HALF DROPS AND TAKES ALL THE SKIN OFF YOUR SHIN [ my son did this a few weeks ago] prop it up with a substational peice of timber and reverse the machine and the trac will drop off ready to accept the new one . if you want some help with instalation i can help you with that , please work safley as this is involves heavy metal moving unpreditibley