Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rubber tracks…

woody13 ยท 2015-08-21 06:29

Does anybody else have problems with track coming off their mini diggers or is it just how they are..?

Replies7
  1. #1Canadian_digger2015-08-21 19:47

    I have put almost 4000hrs on two bobcat 334s never had a track fall off. And 1800hrs on a Kubota kx080 same thing never had one come off. Is your tracks tight enough? Rubber tracks need to be tighter than steel track.

  2. #2Rajbir Lorriet2015-08-21 22:17

    Right @Candadian_digger I also think that. Rubber tracks needs to be more tighter and stronger.

  3. #3Ronsii2015-08-22 01:03

    Have tried many different tensions with our case/kobelco cx36b and depending on the type of material you're in they can come off real easy especially if you have something under half of the track as it comes up to the sprocket...

  4. #4woody132015-08-22 05:30

    I am in the hire business,we hire to amateurs and professionals alike.We use JCB micros and 1.5t Hanix machines.The Hanix's may throw a track now and then,no big problem,but we seem to have a lot of problems with the tracks on the micros.Could this be down to the end user or is the micro a crap piece of kit..?

  5. #5movindirt2015-08-22 19:07

    Thats a user issue. 2,600 hours on our Cat 303 and still haven't thrown a track.

  6. #6lumberjack2015-08-22 19:50

    620 hours on my mini I bought new, haven't tightened the tracks and haven't thrown a track.

  7. #7woody132015-08-23 04:13

    Thanks for the replys fellas,end user was my thought too.