I have a Grey Market IHI IS40G excavator. The steel tracks are whooped. I bought two Brand new Rubber tracks cause they were a Great deal. I have a parts manual for this machine and it list two different front Idler wheels for either steel or rubber tracks. What would be the difference?
I would imagine that the width of the idler or the depth of the rail on the idler that runs inside the track could be different. I don't know for sure but that is possible. I thought most machines could use either or just by removing/adding a chain guide that rides on the lower frame. I believe that's the way kubota does it.
I am in agreement with Tags, you probably with have to change out the idler, from my experience looking through manuals from TAK and Case they also list two different idlers for steel and rubber. I stock rubber and steel tracks for your machine. If you ever decide to go back to steel they are $2,700 for the complete set of both sides. And remember it's cheaper to replace one track link because once you break that rubber track you have to replace the whole thing. Eric Capps Rubbertrax Inc [email protected] 706-252-1805