Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Running a D6R

buckfever ยท 2010-12-03 18:53

Now I don't run a dozer for a living but got a chance to run a d6 today. I have a few questions. When I have run a jd 650 the visibility was pretty good but on this 6 all I could see was the sides of the blade and way out front. The machine pushed like a champ and the little gradeing i did it did well. Just had a hard time trying to watch my work. I also kept trying to turn right buy pushing the decell pedal Just wondering if anyone thought the samething.

Replies4
  1. #1dynahoescott2010-12-03 22:23

    6 way blades you can see the cutting edge, straight blades its all feel. You can watch your windrows or directly behind the blade but you are going to have to learn feel.

  2. #2buckfever2010-12-04 18:08

    It's a strait blade. First I ever ran, Guess it'll just take some getting use to.

  3. #3DPete2010-12-04 18:18

    A 6R with an enclosed cab has poor visibility, I had one rented that had a precleaner in front of your face, you end up watcking the corners.

  4. #4Bluedrc2010-12-04 19:53

    Yep the older jd dozers were foot steer, that being the only dozer you've ran I could see you wanting to jam on the right pedal to steer that way. I've personally never had a problem I just have to remeber what machine I'm on. It may have steering clutches that you use in conjunction with brakes (older cats), just steering clutches, foot pedal steer etc... Ha the internationals and dressers we used to run the decel pedal was on the left instead of the right, I always thought that was bass ackwards. Guess it boils down to what you're used to.:drinkup