hi all I have just replaced the duo cone seals on my ex60-3 While replacing the seals I noticed the amount of rust built up around the seal lip. I cleaned this off with a wire wheel on a die grinder and it came up pretty good, albeit a bit pitted. Anyway put all back together and fingers crossed all seems fine and dry so far. I am thinking of spraying the rusted area with waxoil to try and help slow down any further corrosion around that area. My concern is that the waxoil will just attract dirt and cause more harm than good around the duo cone seals. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
you can try spraying it with some RP 342, once its drys it doesn't collect dust and lasts longer that woolwax/fluid film !
I regularly use waxoil in that kind of spot, it eventually dries off if it gets chance, and seems to be better than nothing. I agree other products may work better but waxoil is what the stores hold round here, and old habits etc.