2008 S185 with 2300 hours. The boom goes up just fine but comes down really slow and erratically, not smooth at all. Does the same with foot or hand controls. Its not setting any codes. Today,from time to time as I tried to work, I would get three beeps and the ACS icon would come on and the boom and tilt light would go out. Turning the machine off and starting again usually solved the problem, until it did it again. Occasionally, I would have to turn the machine off and on a few times before the boom functions would work. I'm calling my Bobcat dealer in the morning but any thoughts at all would be welcome.
The moment you get "beeps", check the codes, don't shut engine down cause that clears that active code.
It's probably the Linear actuator starting to go (fail) ....have they ever been changed ? .... the hrs you post are about right .... Williams equip. will probably tell you the same thing let us know what they say .... good-luck
Have they ever been changed? Hell, I didn`t even know it had linear actuators. I`ll call Williams in the morning and read the manual in the meantime. Willie, thanks for the tip on the codes. Now that I want it to screw up it probably won`t.
If that winds up to be the problem .... (once you see the code pop up) ..... It will happen again ....trust me IT WILL .....when my first one went (for boom function) it took a couple of days of farting around .... THEN .. a Total failure..... about 500hrs later the second one went (bucket curl) I was way smarter, went into the screen that shows all error codes (history) ... found the code went to the owners manual, the page that shows all number translations .... got on the phone and ordered one up on the bus .... It's very unfortunate that these things fail but it is an electric motor (it's like a tiny wiper motor and they fail too) ..that is spinning forward and reverse in a micro second, a thousand times a day or should I say every time you touch a joy-stick it's translating an elec command into a physical (mechanical) function stroking the spool .... I've owned my machine since new, so when the first one went after 2,000 hrs of use was not so bad .....if a guy just paid a prime dollar buying a machine and 50 hrs later this happened.... well... it always sucks to fork out repair bucks, but that's the cost of doing business Hope it all works out for you ...cheers
I figured out the codes. 05-09 which apparently means a failed charge pressure solenoid. The boom is now permanently in the up position. The Williams mechanic is coming out tomorrow to plug his computer in and make sure that the problem isn't something else. These electronics sure are great until they fail. :Banghead
I had a 05-14 and 05-15 happen both at the same time ....... hmmmmmm ??????? ........ they told me over the phone replace the hyd filters ..... I Did ..... still nothing ..... had a really close look past the battery and seen some hair ........it was the GD drive belt ...... got a new one ... and voila it was fixed....... chalk up another one ... your 05-09 says hyd charge pressure low, .... where the 05-14 says hyd charge pressure extemely low.....hmmmm ???? .....just a thought to check ...may be yours is the filters BCat #6686926 should be the charge filter .......... I replaced mine with a Donaldson # P164375 it's about 6" tall...... 1/2 the price of BCat .....that number was a direct cross over from Donaldson Factory Rep ..... they apparently build all filters for Bcat, paint them white w/puddycat logo Just thought i'd throw this your way ....cheers
Problem solved. You called it right on. Failed linear actuator. The low charge pressure code was either false or a passing glitch. I didn't dig far enough apparently. The mechanic hooked up his laptop and diagnosed the problem in minutes. Popped in a new actuator, calibrated and he was on his way. All in less than an hour and a half. I imagine the bill will be very impressive too.
Hey ! ... I'm really happy for you ......... now I hope I don't **** in your corn flakes here but that actuator will ring in about $699.00 +/- .....plus diag and labour/travel.......plus our wonderful 12% which you and I know you'll get back ....... now one down and one to go sorry ! .... but like me the next one you'll be able to change yourself .... calibration can be self done thru the right upper key pad ....but that's next time ....... cheers