I've got a s220 bobcat with the selectable joy sticks. It started locking up the controls and right when it does it the hydraulic fan kicks wide open. It started this about two weeks ago but does it randomly. It also will vary the speed you are traveling without moving the stick. Right now it's locked up and just turns the travel light on for a second or so. It shows engine overspeed on the trouble shooting. Anyone have this problem?
without seeing all the stored fault codes, and looking at the joystick control patterns with service software, this is gonna be difficult to diagnose. my best guess is you have a harness problem. with an engine RPM signal fault, the brake will not unlock, nor will the drive operate. you can try removing and cleaning the RPM sensor, and checking the wiring at the harness connector for starts... :drinkup
I pulled the sensor and it was clean. Could a bad connector cause this problem? It didn't do it for several days then today it goes **** up. I have electronics.
a bad connection, wiring or controller could be at fault. :drinkup
Are we getting any codes at all to work with?
I just messed with it. Show no engine speed sensor. I'm guessing maybe it has been kind of working and finally went bad. That's the only code I have.
do you have the deluxe panel? not showing an RPM signal? you said you removed the speed sensor, and it was clean, sure you have it adjusted properly? screw the sensor i by hand until it touches the flywheel, then back it out 1/8-1/4 turn and snug up the locknut. there are 2 styles of sensors, one has a short pigtail with a connector, the other the harness plugs directly into the sensor. what type do you have? i see very few outright sensor failures, typically the older type metal unit with the pigtail will break a wire where it's molded into the sensor... :drinkup
Maybe I set it to far out. I went a full turn on the new one I put in today. It's on the trailer and headed to a dealer tomorrow. They are putting it on a computer and hopefully giving me an estimate to fix it. I sure miss my old 863 bobcats I ran for years.
Let us know what you find out.
Broken wire going from the engine speed sensor. It's amazing how screwed up these machines get from something that simple. This has been an ongoing deal for about a month or so.
Yes it is, but a necessary part of the machines operation. When you start the engine the main controller (ECM) will look for two primary inputs, 1) charge pressure, is the drive pumps getting charge oil from the charge pump, and 2) engine RPM input, is the engine running. If the main controller is seeing the engine is running (via RPM sensor) but it doesn't see charge pressure, it will shut the machine down to protect the drive pumps from being damaged/destroyed from lack of oil. If the RPM sensor goes south (or broken wire) it basically takes away part of the main controllers "eyes and ears".