Willie, need help. S590 starts, after running a bit, shuts down and flashes hydraulic charge pressure and shutdown. They have changed a filter?? and replaced a sensor. That's about all I know. Any ideas?
Is the machine operating strong just prior to this happening? What codes are you getting? What sensor was replaced?
It won't run for more than 5-10 seconds. How do you get codes? I'm not there yet, but will be soon.
Prior to this, it was showing some warning for the pattern changing switch. He changed the switch, said it looked like it might have been hot on the back side, after that it flashes "Hydraulic Charge Pressure and Shutdown" and shuts off. That's all I have right now.
On a Bobcat G Series machine, anything in the operations that the ECM (main controller) controls, which is pretty much everything, whenever there's a fault you'll hear three short beeps from the alarm. The moment you hear those 3 beeps, don't touch anything else, don't shut it down, immediately push and hold down the headlight button, this will bring up the active faults codes in the hour meter display. As soon as you shut it down they go away because the Bobcat main controller does not "store" codes. Again, is the machine operations strong just before this happens? Pattern change switch, sounds like you have an AHC machine, might want to get advice from crewchief888, he's more familiar with those machines than I.
I keep asking about how strong the machine is operating when the fault happens because a number of things can cause charge pressure shut down, but one of the most common causes is the drive belt not at proper tension. The main controller doesn't have a mechanism to monitor the drive belt, but it sure can see low charge pressure when the drive belt is slipping causing the pumps to not develop proper pressure. That's one of the first things one should check.
I just read this, and can say that my 3yr old T190 has shown that once, and was because of a 'poorly tensioned' drive belt _ hope it may be as simple there too!!
Ok, here's what we have. Drive belt is new, and tight. I checked as many connections as I could, all appeared clean and dry. When you go into the fault code history in the color display, there are a lot of strange codes. Lost air filter sensor, no hydraulic filter, hydraulic fan, etc. After checking the connections on the sensors, and it still would shut down, we pulled the battery cable for about 5 minutes. After restarting, the charge pressure gauge was acting very erratic, but it didn't shut down. The digital display would fluctuate between 250 and 400 psi. After about 5 minutes, the gauge settled down, and everything seemed normal. I ran it for about 15 min, got it good and warmed up, no more issues until today. Same message comes up, and when he pushes and holds the headlight switch, it brings up code V8108.
Bad ground, bad power connection, shorted charge pressure sensor?
I'm finding out a little more. The machine had popped a hose somewhere in the engine compartment, and had oil everywhere. They pressure-washed for like a half-hour to clean it up, and the problem started after that. They did let it dry for several hours before running it. The reason it has a new belt is because the old one was slipping, and it was so greasy and dirty they felt it should be replaced. The machine seems to be perfectly normal for about a minute after you start it.
I wonder given that ^ information if there might still be some 'contact issue' between the belt and pulley, maybe a bit of oil residue still so although seems TIGHT it may slip _ once warm/ worked I think oil would tend to excrete if was going to..?? Truthfully, nothing happens on the machine without this item working properly _ Maybe removal and hot soapy cleaning/ some belt dressing for grip, if nothing else comes up as a solution.. Good Luck
I feel like the problem might be electrical. When it runs for the minute or so, it seems to function flawlessly. No noise, nothing. I didn't try and push into a pile with it, but my gut says electrical. Where is the charge pressure sensor located?
I'm guessing the regulated sensor power is daisy chained through all the sensors, so a bad connector causing a loss of power or a short from power to ground would take out some or all of the sensors causing random codes. I think you're on the right track.
What the heck was I thinking, I mentioned a G Series machine earlier, but the S590 is an M Series machine, sorry for the error. I don't have any books on the M Series machines yet, and little experience with them as well, still a bit new to me. Not much advice I can offer on this machine. Hopefully crewchief will chime in here, he'd know much more about it.
charge pressure sender should be located on the case drain manifold under the cab. i'd stick a guage i it and see what the charge pressure is running. i'd agree, you probably have an electrical problem, but with a blown hose previously, they may have run the pumps dry. :drinkup
Is the case drain manifold the block that's almost centered in the area under the cab, a silver block? That is the only plug-in I found that looked a little strange, wet maybe? I didn't have any terminal cleaner, so I sprayed a tiny bit of brake cleaner on each part and blew it off. It still didn't start working until we pulled the battery cable. BTW, do you know what code V8108 is? That's what came up when the operator held down the headlight switch after it shutdown.
yes thats the case drain manifold. yanno, i think i'm steering you in the wrong direction, the hyd temp switch is in the manifold, the pressure switch is up on the hyd fan motor. sorry for the confusion. V8108 is a new one for me. i'll take a look in the morning when i have access to the fault codes list. :drinkup
Crewchief, I think I have an electrical gremlin. If you pull the battery cables with the key on, let it sit for 10 min or so, put the cable back on, the machine will work fine for a while. Haven't thrown a pressure sensor at it yet, not sure that's the problem. I'm thinking I'm going to need a gauge and a hookup to verify pressure is actually good while it's running. The service manual is pretty much useless on diagnosis. No specs for voltage or ohms to or from the sensor.
Did you guys ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue on my 2012 Bobcat S850.
did this get resolved, same issue on 15 s590
Was wondering the same thing? I have a s590 manual machine. Capped off both hydro lines on this machine. Ran machine at 3/4 throttle per synder part tech. Killed machine in forward and reverse. The drive motor seals were replaced by someone else due to them putting hydraulic oil into the chain case. Installed charge pump (long story), replaced drive belt and main hydraulic filters. Started machine and get same code of m0514, m0515 unless we rev machine up. I ended up getting a-3orb fitting and removed the psi sensing unit on the fan installed a gauge and started the machine. At idle I had 240 psi (low), increased engine rpm’s and psi went up 340 and more. This is a 2 speed. I then disconnected the left two main hydro lines to the left drive motor and capped them off. Started the unit with just the right side hooked up and I got 340 at idle of my gauge. Capped and removed the right side then, (so now all four main hydro lines are disconnected). Started unit at idle and it was still at 340 psi. Last thing I did was hook the left side drive motor main hoses back up and start it at idle and boom my gauge dropped to 240 with that being the only one hooked up. So my question is do I have a problem with my main hydro or am I over thinking it and it’s in the drive motor?
Sounds like you it pretty well narrowed down to the left drive motor. Next step is to check case drain from that side, compare with the "good" side. A good motor will have a good trickle, one leaking bad enough to drop charge pressure will be full flow so hang on to the hose. . .
Not to ask a dumb question? How do you go about checking the case drain on the motors? Thanks in advance.
Also to verify my hydro was good I capped the main lines again. Starter machine moved the levers a little bit and psi stayed consistent. Sometimes I start over thinking things.
Your drive motor has 2 main hydro hoses going to it, and 2, (or 3, if 2 speed) small hoses. The small hoses are park release, case drain, and 2 speed, if equipped. Locate the case drain hose,( often the largest of the small lines) and remove from the manifold under the cab. Direct the hose coming from the motor into a suitable container. A good motor will have a steady, small stream, while a high return will "fill" the hose, and might have some pressure. It's mostly about comparing, although there would be specs, though i don't have them handy.
I did the test as you described, the left is the problem. Right was how it should be left filled a drain pan in no time. Going to remove left motor! Thanks for all the help!
Replying to this thread, so both wheel motors ended up being bad on this unit. The left one was worse then the other.