I’ve been using this site for years to find solutions to equipment issues and finally joined last week. Thanks for all the help in the past. I have a problem with my new to me Bobcat S650. The door is sagging that I have to lift it as I close it to get it to latch. Anyone else run into this issue and how did you fix it? Seems to be because of slop in the quick release door mechanisms.
I just got an s650 myself and also noticed that my door was sagging just a bit. I haven't really had time to investigate, but it looks like the latch can be adjusted up and down. It also looks like the glass can be adjusted where the brackets bolt on. That will change the alignment of the door with the frame however. My solution for now was just to remove the door, since I couldn't get the door open and get out with the pallet forks raised up a bit.
Yeah, these 650s are even worse than the older generation as far as being able to get out with arms up. Rather frustrating but at least the door is easy to remove. I noticed the door was a bit out of alignment when I bought it and maxed out latch movement to fix it now the darn thing has sagged even more. I’ll have to look at the adjustment at the brackets and see if that can be fudged some to fix this.
typically the allen head bolts that hold the hinges to the glass are loose. earlier machine had plastic mounts on the cab, they were replaced by steel mounts
I still have plastic door mounts so I’ll have to get good steel ones to fix this. Thanks for letting me know about that.
Interesting. I also have the plastic door mounts on my '13.
You shouldn't have any "slop" in the quick release mechanism(s). If you do either something is loose or some parts are missing. In my experience there's very little room for adjustment on those M series doors, yeah, you can tweak them a little at the various mounting points, but very little. If it's far enough off that you actually have to lift the door to assist latching it I wager you won't be able to tweak the mounting points enough to correct it. First, eliminate the slop you have at the quick release, second make sure the hinge pivots at tight, no slop there either. If it's still off what I typically do is remove the hinges one at a time via the quick release. Put the hinge in a vise right where the bend in the hinge is and bend more or less to change the angle of the hinge. Upper hinge you need to bend more angle to lift the door adjustment, bottom hinge take some of the angle away to lift the door upward. Yeah, it's a PITA, but that's what the M series doors are...a PITA
FWIW ive havent had to tweak any hinges to correct the door alignment, unless they are obviously bent from debris falling on them. theres really nothing "wrong" with the plastic hinge bases, but early on they seemed like they would break in very cold weather or when they had concrete dropped on them.
I've not had to do it many times crewchief, but a few, and yes they were rental machines so any number of possibilities exist that would cause having to tweak a hinge to get the door to shut correctly.