Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SA6D140A-1 Komatsu engines

Jr Kloulubak · 2023-09-07 18:12

Does anyone know if these model engines were designed for production with valve guide seals incorporated in the cylinder heads?

Replies3
  1. #1Simon C2024-10-28 23:57

    Worked alot on them 20 years ago. Remember that they were individual cylinder heads, but can't remember if there was guide seals built into them. What machine are you working on them with that model engine. Simon C

  2. #2Coaldust2024-10-29 02:04

    No valve guide seals. I do recall some machine shops installing generic umbrella style seals on the intakes. But, that was a different place and time. What we called hard work, now OSHA calls a crime. I was a young Komatsu field tech, filled with hopes & dreams. Trying to stack the paper. Knowwhatimsayin? Just a dirty young mechanic. Sometimes, I couldn’t even shower. With dirty, blue polyester coveralls, making money by the hour.

  3. #3Coaldust2024-10-30 00:40

    Good to see you stop by, John C. Hope all is well.