This is Not me, however, it is the company I work for, and the driver is one of my good friends. Lessons to be Learned: Never assume you'll clear the bridge; know the hight thereof Never place the boom forward if you can help it; the bridge came down because the knuckle caught the support beam and lifted the bridge off of its mountings. ALWAYS boom down as far as possible. We clear this bridge all the time with larger trucks/ loads. (my 320D) The problem was the bucket was on TOP of some limestone pallets he had just picked up and the boom was in the upright position.:beatsme This what I walked up on:
Some more:
One of the rigging and the the bridge ex-attachment points:
Site overview, Overbilt Trailers; Yeah!:notworthy (we straightened that out, by the way ), and the mayoral entourage was present.
Offloading the Mini and the end of a LONG evening.
Oh Yeah: we picked that machine up from the dealer that morning; it had 6 (SIX) hours on it. :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead
well, on the good side, he chained it down well. looks like a spendy day.
Think the insurance billing was just over 300k. ointhead
i would love to know some more about that rotator!!
I just know the guy who drives it. :beatsme sorry!
wow...just wow...dont really know what to say....yikes!
'Bout the only thing I could think of was "at least it wasn't the freeway with one of the bigger machines."
So its safe to bet that a 6t midi exc can move a bridge thats heavier and bulkier than itself, provided you get just the right attack angle If that machine was just collected and definetly in warranty I would get a new boom ram fitted, that one is a good foot too short. All joking apart it goes to show just how easy it is too have a complete brain outage when loading something slightly out of the norm. He placed the bucket on top of some pallets of material he had loaded. :Banghead
Tryin where are you locate at, did this happen in Indy. I'm from Bloomington, when did this happen, I don't recall hearing about this. Glad no one was hurt, did it tear the trailer up beyond repair, how was the tractor? Thanks Bill
It happened at The Bridgewater Club in Westfield. I'm surprised that you didn't hear, it seems every dig I was on for a while, someone asked me if that was me.*** No, seriously, it was a pretty localized incident; no media, etc. The Club put some pressure on to prevent the negative publicity. Winter 2008, Feb., I think. The trailer was bent pretty good and had a broken landing gear strut and shoe. Believe it or not, we took it back to the shop, flipped it over, and bent it back with my 320D. Braced it up with some 1/2" plate, fabricated some landing gear parts, and shes on the road today. The tractor was a Kenworth T800; it basically sheared the hitch mount off the back and left the rest of it alone. Some more welding work, and she went out to. Only pocketbooks and pride along with a little reputation were harmed in this incident.
I am just east of Indy & do some work on the north side but never heard about this. The way people drive up there, I am surprised no one was following real close & didn't rear end the trailer.
Dang!
Bear, sure you didnt mean.................BANG !