Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Salt spreaders?

Acoals ยท 2022-12-12 22:58

So, maybe sort of "heavy equipment" (?) .... I need to upgrade to a V box salt spreader. I have not had one before. I am looking at Western Tornado poly, or Western Striker stainless. Opinions? Stainless or poly? Gas or electric? Brand issues? I will be primarily spreading salt, but sanding as well at times.

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2022-12-13 19:29

    I would say plastic or stainless steel and without a doubt electric. My feeling is who needs to take care of/neglect another engine, especially one that is in horrid conditions. With the electric ones you just need good quality wire and corrosion resistant connections and lots of corrosion inhibitors like di electric grease. There will still be parts that corrode, like the conveyor chain, shafts, bearings, electrical connections, all sorts of good fun!!!

  2. #2grandpa2022-12-13 19:36

    What ever you decide on, spray the metal parts down with fluid film, It doesn't stop the corrosion, but it sure slows it down.