I am looking at a 96 Samsung SE210W excavator. I know parts availability is terrible. Volvo is less than helpful and they say maybe if a part # will interchange then they can maybe supply. I've checked both US & Canadian dealers. 1) Is the 1996 pre-Volvo purchase timeline worse for parts? 2) are there any other parts sources availability for Samsung? 3) Is there a grey market outlet available? 4) Their components are somewhat generic, would that help? 5) Does anyone know of any inherent weakness in Samsung? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks
Good day bdward We have knowledge of your proposed purchase, most of the components are bought in and assembled by Samsung, for example the pumps are from K.P.M. (Kawasaki). The valve chest is made from a Toshiba design used by a number of other manufacturers. Some smaller components are from Nanchi so most of the moving parts can be sourced from a number of outlets. Grey market machines often require more research to source parts however it can be dollar rewarding. I hope this helps. Kind regards Uffex
Parts are easily available. SE210W - W meaning it's a wheeled excavator. Is this correct for the machine you are looking at?