I bought a Samsung SE210w 2a last year and only just started using it to clear some land on my farm. It hadn't been used for some time before I bought it and have done some significant work on the engine before beginning. However, it is now stuck and seems to have a hydraulic problem I suspect resides in the control valve. Last week, whilst pulling out a coconut tree stump, my assistant indicated to me that there was a leak coming from the engine. I jumped out of the seat and looked under to confirm this, leaped back into the machine and stalled the engine using the outrigger/blade control, which is how I stop the engine as it came without a shutoff solenoid, outrigger/blade doesn't work by the way it just stalls the machine when I use it. It turned out to be the water container left by the control valve leaking, so I tightened the cap and went to start again. This time the engine cranked as if the battery was weak. In disbelief, I took the battery out and charged it, it was a new battery with few hours on it. After charging, put battery back on to find same problem. Rather perplexed, I started troubleshooting. First, I removed the pump output hoses, got my assistant to pull the manual fuel shutoff lever, cranked the engine and hey presto, the engine cranked perfectly. I then reconnected output hoses and one by one disconnected each one I.e. Charge pump, axial piston pump 1 and axial piston pump 2. Turns out problem was that pump 1 was under some sort of load, it's output went to one side of main control valve. That side provided oil flow/pressure to swing motor, boom, bucket and outrigger/blade. I disconnected each of these output hoses from the main control valve to find the same problem, weak crank. So have deduced the problem must be in control valve. I pulled out and inspected the plungers, they seemed find except they required a pry bar to initially release them from body? I removed that side of the control valve and took it home for further inspection. The check valves seemed fine, the relief valves seemed fine, couldn't see any unusual damage to anything. So I took it to the car wash guy and put the pressure washer in all holes, the vulcanized to put air in all holes. I put the valve back on and started the machine and same weak crank. Now I am baffled. I am really stuck now. I can only suspect that the pump has gone or the pilot may be stuck open so when I crank one actuator is trying to work. Can anyone help, please?
Not familiar with your machine, but, is it possible the outrigger/blade pilot control is stuck, or failed. Sounds like you have gone through the main control valve thoroughly. Maybe when you last used it to shut down it failed and is now allowing pilot pressure to operate the main control valve when cranking. Shot in the dark but could you not cap and plug each pilot hose to that side of the control valve until you find the problem circuit.
Thanks 200LC. I suspect this too but my fear is that this is not the problem as earlier on I disconnected the pilot output from the gear pump and still had the problem. However, I will check pilot lines anyway as the plunger may have been stuck first time round. Cheers.
Thought I'd post problem resolution. Oil return (exhaust) valve stuck, removed and sanded down to open smoothly.