Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

sandblasting Tower Crane

Dirotek ยท 2015-08-07 04:02

I have just been given a job to sandblast this tier Crane of steel surface area 512 sqm. though I have been in this business for 4yrs now, I see this different because I discovered some of the steel members torn at welded joint and some will too light after sandblasting. anyone with experience to suggest maintenance plan.

Replies3
  1. #1old-iron-habit2015-08-07 14:40

    Best advice I can give is that if a tower crane has welded joints that are torn get off it, dismantle it, and either have it fixed and certified or junk it. It is not worth your life.

  2. #2lantraxco2015-08-07 17:20

    Is it a whirly all assembled and on rails kind of crane, or a dismantled tower crane that you erect on a building site kind of crane? If it's in pieces on the ground send any pieces that need repair to a certified crane repair company, or consult the manufacturer for some advice.

  3. #3Dirotek2015-08-27 23:02

    thanks guys, am grateful, am confident on it now.