Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sandy

Exc@v8 ยท 2012-10-30 05:28

Hi, I appreciate that this may be the wrong place for this post - please feel free to move if necessary. I would just like to pass on my best wishes to anyone affected by Hurricane Sandy - the news pictures we are seeing here in the UK look astounding. I hope you all manage to stay safe both now and in the aftermath until normality can be restored. Best wishes from the UK - you are in our thoughts. Tom.

Replies3
  1. #1Buckethead2012-11-01 19:26

    I am alright here, no damage-the power went out, nothing a generator can't cure. But close to the water looks like there was a bombing raid or something, no exaggeration.

  2. #2SeaMac2012-11-01 19:55

    I'll add my name to this list too. Having been through hurricanes Andrew, Frances, Jean and Wilma you can believe it, it is absoltely no picnic. I have been seeing pictures of the devastation as well and feel for all those affected. Where possible and if able make donations to relief organizations the American Red Cross being one they provide food, shelter and clothing and right now for some that's a luxury, it is desperately needed. I know a few Lineman with FPL and they've already mobilized the task force and on their way. Best of luck to all those in Sandy's path, you're in our thoughts here in Florida.

  3. #3stretch2012-11-04 16:41

    My girlfriend is from NJ and was here a few days prior to landfall, then stuck for four days while Amtrak pumped 40-something million gallons out of their tunnels in NYC. She went home yesterday and told me a lot of the NYC metro area was still flooded out. I'm in central CT and we got very lucky. Her sister and brother, on opposite sides of NJ, lost power til the end of the week. Best wishes to our mid-Atlantic members still getting themselves out of this mess.