Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sany 365C excavator with a Cummins CM2350 engine hard start

CurtisB92 · 2025-07-01 11:28

Dealing with a Sany 365C Excavator with a Cummins Engine QSl9 CM2350 this excavator has been giving hard starts and would only start with ether I taught it was my crankshaft and camshaft sensors I change those out felt that it was a fuel problem so I change out the lift pump and also the check valve on the Ecm cooling plate had an issue I change that out and bleed the system now it’s still giving the hard start in using the Cummins diagnostic software no active code just that I notice the fuel rail pressure was only 45 psi I have some videos o f the parameters if anyone wants to have a look at them to offer some assistance

Replies10
  1. #1acatalioto2025-07-03 06:05

    Are there any history codes for pump inbalance

  2. #2CurtisB922025-07-04 09:00

    no there hasn't been any codes for pump imbalance what i can say is that when checking the the fuel pressure coming from the fuel gear pump i was only getting 10 psi on cranking and according to cummins troubleshooting manual on cranking i should have at least 30 psi and on idle about 70 psi so since i am not getting the required pressure coming from the gear pump i figure the problem has to be within the fuel gear pump

  3. #3acatalioto2025-07-04 09:12

    Ok there are weep holes on those gear pumps. Did you see any fuel drip out or is it wet.

  4. #4acatalioto2025-07-04 09:13

    Can you verify that there is no obstruction on the suction side of the gear pump

  5. #5CurtisB922025-07-04 09:21

    i'll have to pull it apart to see what i discover i'll let you know what i come up with

  6. #6acatalioto2025-07-04 09:31

    Can’t you just run it out of a bucket of fuel just eliminate everything down stream

  7. #7CurtisB922025-07-04 09:38

    ok ill have to make some adjustment since the the gear pump is supplied from the lift pump which is connected to the ecm cooling plate

  8. #8acatalioto2025-07-04 09:51

    Lift pump runs for 30 seconds on initial start up to prime the system. Then gear pump takes over I would key on see what you getting to pump from the lift. If you get flow from that the check that off list. After that I would see if there is a way to run the gear pump out of a bucket or if there is a spot in suction side to hook up a vacuum gauge to see if there is a obstruction.

  9. #9CurtisB922025-07-04 11:17

    ok the lift pump does runs the pressure from the lift pump is 15 psi going to the gear pump to get the gear pump out of a bucket i will have to work on a way to get this done

  10. #10acatalioto2025-07-08 20:37

    Any luck