Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sany CY50/Kubota KX040

Popo55 · 2024-12-03 08:45

I can buy a new CY50u Sany, with a 5-year bumper to bumper warranty, or a 2023 KX040-4, 190 hrs, remainder of extended warranty, both just shy of $60K. Which would you buy?

Replies8
  1. #1BC Placer gold2024-12-03 12:55

    No experience with Sany… We owned a KX 040-4 for several years (bought as a demo with 23 hours on the meter). Well built machine with very strong/smooth/fast hydraulics. Turboed which was an advantage for our use (6000-7000’ elevation). Having to activate auxiliary for thumb use was a minor annoyance. Also no solid metal floor in cab so had issues with mice…(really easy access for rodents). May not be a big issue for most users; but our machines sit in remote locations for the winter season.

  2. #2MG842024-12-03 19:06

    Buy the Kubota, without a doubt. I won't go into my rant on buying Chinese equipment, but know that the quality of the machine, the company and the service are about 100 times better with Kubota vs Sany. How does the old saying go.... "The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of cheap price."

  3. #3CM19952024-12-03 19:28

    X2. Not even a question between the two. Oh yeah welcome to the Forums Popo! Glad to have you.

  4. #4Catsparky12024-12-04 01:31

    A warranty means nothing if no one can stand behind it . Kubota makes a strong machine and they have a dealer network . small but a network.

  5. #5Popo552024-12-04 14:58

    Yeah, funny, the Sany dealer also is a Kubota dealer, about 50 miles from me, been one forever. They have an excellent reputation.

  6. #6MG842024-12-04 16:37

    The dealer is only part of the equation, Sany corporate (a Chinese company) is the other. I personally would never do business with them.

  7. #7712alberta2024-12-04 20:39

    I'm a farmer and I'm by far a professional operator. I rented SY60 this summer, it was a 375 ish hour machine, and it really seemed quite, loose is the best term I can think. I'm over 6 foot 4 and the cab was miserable to get in and out of. All the controls were rather rather in precise. I had rented a deere of roughly the same size, and was much better machine, in every way possible. The quality and fit and finish just seemed lacking. The kubota machines I have been around have all very good. In my area, there is no dealers local for Sany. Kubota is all over the place by comparison. I wouldn't touch the Chinese branded equipment until there is some kind of reliable dealership network. I know a couple of people who got burned pretty bad by another other Chinese company sending equipment into NA.

  8. #8BC Placer gold2024-12-04 20:59

    Although not a huge dealer network…Kubota seems to me to be of very high quality. I have been using a Deere 50d for the last 2 years; it does have a bit more reach & runs a 1/3 yard bucket (versus 1/4 yard). Very smooth hydraulics, but can’t keep up with my actions (swing/boom lift) to load washplant…definitely slower hydraulic’s… But: advantage Deere 50d no emissions…